Author Topic: Pizza Buns  (Read 1830 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Pizza Buns
« on: December 29, 2009, 09:40:41 PM »
These are some pizza buns I made today.  The difference from these and pizza pinwheels are you roll the mozzarella into the dough and then put the  sausage or pepperoni on and press down into the dough, roll up, cut, then baked until the dough looks almost baked. Take out of oven, add one teaspoon sauce, the mozzarella....back into oven until fully baked.  When rolling the dough, roll from the shortest end so the pizza buns will be bigger than pizza pinwheels.
Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza Buns
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 10:31:41 AM »
Looking good Norma. I'll have to give them a try.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Pizza Buns
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 10:59:47 AM »
apizza,
Thanks and I think when I try them next week I will use a larger dough ball to make them bigger. (more like a bun)  I had used my regular dough ball for the 16" pizza I usually make.  I did reheat one in the microwave this morning and it was still tasty.  Some customers bought them yesterday and I just took them out of the deli case and reheated in the oven.  Customers seem to like them.
I forgot to add after rolling up the buns, I pressed down gently with my palm to make them spread out a little.  I also let covered them with plastic wrap and let them rise about 45 minutes before baking.
Norma
Always working and looking for new information!