Author Topic: New here... Hello  (Read 1066 times)

Offline zza newb

New here... Hello
« on: December 30, 2009, 03:12:43 PM »

Hi I'm here and to making pizza as well. I have been trying to make a thick double layer Barraco's style pizza with limited success. I have been using a spring or a cheese cake pan. I think it may be a bit too thick. so far the pies I have made taste pretty good but I'm having trouble with the crust. I have used 2 dough recipes that I got off the net and both have been tough as nails... to point it its much better the next day in the microwave and we all know how that can ruin a good crust. :-[ Also I think its to bready if thats a word.  I have just recently found this great source if information and I'm hoping to try some of your crusts. I never realized how tight the measurements were until I came here. Hopefully I will hit my goal after a few more attempts

Anyway just thought I would stop by to say Hi. Here are some pics of my pies. All criticism and commets welcome.

Offline zza newb

Re: New here... Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 03:15:34 PM »
The first 3 pics are of my first pizza and the last 2 are of my second. :-\

Offline loowaters

• Where's my knife and fork?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 08:40:48 PM »
Welcome to board, zza newb.  WOW!!!  Those pies are...stuffed...really stuffed. 

Look around on this page and you'll find a lot of different recipes and tips on making deep dish and stuffed pizzas.  One thing you'll learn off the bat is that there really isn't that much dough to this type of pizza.  Any questions, feel free to ask.  If the pertain to a certain thread, just ask them in the thread that you're reading no matter how old that thread is.  Plenty of info to gather here.

Using pizza to expand my waistline since 1969!

Offline dbgtr

• Berkowitz Guitars
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 03:42:24 PM »
And I was worried about the amount of topping on my pies....a whole new level!  It may not be traditional, but I like his style!

Offline zza newb

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 09:59:22 PM »
Thanks for the welcome LOO. I finally broke down and bought a digital scale and ordered a new pan from Pizza tools. Its one of those pre seasoned jobs, hope it gets here soon. I think when it does get here I'm going to just go for the basic deep dish's till I get more experience. I better leave those stuffed pies alone for now. ;D

dbgtr, Yes I did get a bit carried away with the toppings. ;D  With some practice I think I might just get away with it too. 8)

pizzapan