Author Topic: Caputo 00 in Cape Town??  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Jus986

Caputo 00 in Cape Town??
« on: January 17, 2010, 03:23:55 AM »
Hi
anybody now where to source Caputo 00 flour in Cape Town of South Africa? I can only get Divella 00 or ganoro 00 which both have a protein of 9%.  :D

Offline Matthew

Re: Caputo 00 in Cape Town??
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 06:14:27 AM »
Hi
anybody now where to source Caputo 00 flour in Cape Town of South Africa? I can only get Divella 00 or ganoro 00 which both have a protein of 9%.  :D

If you can't find Caputo, Divella is a very good substitute.

Matt

Offline Jus986

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 01:18:50 PM »
Hi Matt
thanks for the reply. I can't get the pizza range of the 00 flour, only the blue coloured pack. I find this a little too weak for pizza nad I have to add organic white bred flour to it which toughens the crust.

Offline Matthew

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 01:30:29 PM »
Hi Matt
thanks for the reply. I can't get the pizza range of the 00 flour, only the blue coloured pack. I find this a little too weak for pizza nad I have to add organic white bred flour to it which toughens the crust.

Are you able to get VWG (Vital Wheat Gluten)?

Matt

Offline Jus986

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 01:38:56 PM »
Hi Matt
nope! No VWG here!! South Africa is not the greatest in terms of ranges as there seems to be the same imported Italian brands throughout, as I have been to most Deli's to source the best ingredients. Cannot even find San Marzano DOP tomatoes. I am very happy with the outcome of the pizza I produce with the addition of the bread flour but was hoping that someone on here might know a source for Caputo. The Caputo website says that it distributes to Africa but I have no reply to the few emailed requests to them about suppliers.
Looks like Divella it is!  :D

pizzapan