Author Topic: Beau Jo's - Fort Collins, CO  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Mad_Ernie

Beau Jo's - Fort Collins, CO
« on: January 04, 2010, 11:18:38 AM »
While my family and I were on Christmas vacation in Ft. Collins, I decided to try at least one pizza place, if nothing else to avoid the left-overs.  My choice, based on some reviews I had read, was Beau Jo's.  Here is Daniel Zieman's review from Slice:

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2009/05/beau-jos-colorado-mountain-style-pizza-denver-idaho-springs-colorado-co-review.html

I've added some pictures below.  Take a look.  I had an Italian sausage and mushroom 2-pounder (what else).  The pizzas are ordered by the pound as opposed to small, medium, etc.  Other members of my family tried Canadian bacon and others such as Pacific Plantation which contained smoked ham, pineapple chunks, mushrooms, red onions, Beau Jos pizza sauce, Rocky Mountain honey and whole milk
mozzarella cheese.   They also serve a variety of sauces and crust possibilities, such as a thinner crust (prairie pie) and a whole wheat version.  We all opted for the original Mountain pie, white crust.

The thick, braided cornicione is nice.  The convention is to save it and add honey to it.  I have experienced a very similar type of pizza, crust and all, back in my college days in the 80's in Lawrence, KS at Pyramid Pizza, so it was not new to me. 

All in all, we enjoyed it very much and look forward to returning in the future.
Let them eat pizza.