Author Topic: Sbarro Philippines  (Read 10954 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Sbarro Philippines
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 10:44:39 PM »
We just opened our newest store.  Pictures can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/SbarroPhilippines#!/media/set/?set=a.148264965267917.32481.100921516668929

Fred,

Congrats on your newest store.  Wishing you much success!  :)

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 09:45:49 AM »
RoadPizza,

It's good to see that Sbarro Philippines is cranking up things and expanding while the U.S. operations try to regain their footing. Best of luck with your new store. How many stores are there that you now supervise?

Peter

Offline RoadPizza

• Mozzarella Addict
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 10:54:01 AM »
Thanks, Norma and Peter.  We're up to 27 stores now.  Hopefully, we can reach 30 within a year or so.

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 11:51:14 PM »
Hey Bro,

I did not see this post here until tonight.I do not check other topics often...bad habit I need to break!

I wish you all the best and happy pizza making!Hope you reach your goal of 30+ stores soon!
 8)

-Bill

-Bill

Offline RoadPizza

• Mozzarella Addict
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 08:00:34 AM »
Hey Bro,

I did not see this post here until tonight.I do not check other topics often...bad habit I need to break!

I wish you all the best and happy pizza making!Hope you reach your goal of 30+ stores soon!
 8)

-Bill

Thanks, Bill!

It's OK. . .  I'm sure that you've seen my other posts on Fb.  ;D

Offline RoadPizza

• Mozzarella Addict
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2011, 10:11:55 PM »
Here's a video of one of our pizza makers making a cheese pizza using a dough mold:

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 07:42:17 AM »
Here's a video of one of our pizza makers making a cheese pizza using a dough mold:

Fred,

Thanks for posting the video of how a pizza dough is made with a dough mold.  That was interesting to see. Your dough looks so nice!  :)

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 06:26:05 PM »
RoadPizza,

Are all of the pizzas made using the mold as shown in the video or are some workers capable of opening up and forming skins without using the mold? If the former, how do you plan for peak periods?

I found the use of the scale to weigh the cheese to be interesting. I estimated that it takes only about 8 or 9 seconds to do that. Since cheese is usually the most expensive part of a typical pizza (at least in the U.S.), I would imagine that that simple step is a real cost saver.

Can you tell me what the worker places on top of the cheese? I think that the first thing is oil but what is the second thing? An herb blend maybe?

Peter

Offline RoadPizza

• Mozzarella Addict
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 09:29:50 PM »
RoadPizza,

Are all of the pizzas made using the mold as shown in the video or are some workers capable of opening up and forming skins without using the mold? If the former, how do you plan for peak periods?

I found the use of the scale to weigh the cheese to be interesting. I estimated that it takes only about 8 or 9 seconds to do that. Since cheese is usually the most expensive part of a typical pizza (at least in the U.S.), I would imagine that that simple step is a real cost saver.

Can you tell me what the worker places on top of the cheese? I think that the first thing is oil but what is the second thing? An herb blend maybe?

Peter

Most of our pizza makers can make pizzas without the mold.  However, most will still use the mold because it's faster and gives them a more consistent circle.  Remember, we're probably the only chain that doesn't use a sheeter or a dough press here, so there really isn't a culture of hand-tossing pizza makers here.

If the cheese is wet, it tends to be heavier and doesn't spread as well.  If pizza makers just "eye" their toppings and not use a scale, you start losing money fast.

The last thing he puts on is oregano.