Author Topic: Sundays pizzas  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Timreid

• I ATE IT ALREADY!!!
Sundays pizzas
« on: March 12, 2005, 06:12:36 PM »
I'm taking a break from New York style, the wife wanted pan pizza.  A few weeks ago I ordered some deep dish pans from a seller on ebay.  They are 18"... HUGE! :o  I can't even close the oven door all the way!  Anyway, I'm trying the pizza hut pan recipe this weekend and a thin and crispy. 

I had to nearly double that pan recipe to get coverage on the 18" pan, but it looks like its going to turn out good.  The wife loves to take my pizza to work and brag about it.  I told her this week she would have enough pizza to brag all week! ;D  I'll let you guys know how they turn out.

Timbo

Offline Timreid

• I ATE IT ALREADY!!!
Re: Sundays pizzas
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 11:08:36 PM »
Ok, here they are.  The pan turned out great!  I'm very proud of it, it tasted exactly like pizza hut used to make.  (I think they changed the recipe or something becaused it just doesn't taste as good as it used to)

Still working on that thin crust.  Didn't use enough flour in the beginning.  Was trying to make it from memory and when I double checked the recipe it was too late :-\  Oh well, tasted good anyway... :)

Offline pftaylor

• Life's Short. Get Wood Fired Up!
Re: Sundays pizzas
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 06:14:28 AM »
Timmer,
My family doesn't usually like thin and crispy or pan pizza. But from your pictures it looks like thick and charred. That's an unusual combination. And a winning one at least in my house. It could pass for a charred Sicilian if it were rectangular.

Nice effort. Love the char.
Pizza Raquel is Simply Everything You’d Want.
www.wood-firedpizza.com

pizzapan