Author Topic: 12" Deep Dish Pans  (Read 1999 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
12" Deep Dish Pans
« on: January 06, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »
I had found some 12" deep-dish pans on ebay before Christmas and just received them today.  I have been wanting to try a real Chicago deep-dish pie.  I will look at all the helpful recipes under Chicago style.
If anyone has a favorite for me to try, let me know.

Thanks,
Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: 12" Deep Dish Pans
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 10:08:44 PM »
Norma,
An absolute Must BTB Deep dish w/ semolina.
I just love this thread and recipe. Be prepared for some strang looking dough lower hydration and lots oils corn, veg... cant wait to see yor pics. Heres a few of mine from that wonderful recipe. http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,8094.0.html This was my first attempts and even BTB the Master himself gave me a nice compliment Thanks again
ENJOY!
Just looking at these 2 threads again makes me want one now !!
John
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:15:29 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 11:46:02 PM »
John,
Thanks for giving me the advise of what kind of Chicago Deep dish to try.  Your BTB Deep Dish w/semolina look delicious.  You really nailed this.  :chef: All I can say is WOW!  I donít see how you accomplished this on your first attempt.  :o
Did you ever try the Giordanoís deep-dish?  Could I ask you another question?..did you ever try to make a double crust.  There are so many threads and posts, it is hard to be able to see what each member has accomplished. I have been reading on this forum for many months and I keep finding new ideas and things all the time.  I believe with all the posts each day, I wonít ever get to read all that is here.  All the pies looks so delicious and there are so many kinds.
Thanks, John
Norma
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 11:48:21 PM by norma427 »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 09:27:31 PM »
Norma,
Yes its a great recipe and I have done it many times since. Without this forum and pictures and advice I would not have a clew were to start with a deep disk never mind what to put in the dough. I am eternally grateful to to TBT and  Lou waters and all ho helped .Just ask and the answer shows up from someone somehow! Usually quite quick I love the comrade's here keeps me going and trying new things. Speakinf of that YES I am planning to try the stuffed Giordanos style very soon its one of the few I have not tried yet. So Many Pizzas so little time. Have you tried the cracker crust yet ? Another great recipe indeed and posted on the thin and crispy  recipe on this forum recipe section. WONDERFUL!! here was my 1st crack at that one another lower hydration dough no preherment no fancy starters just good and tasty! Even my 3 year ols can do it!! http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,7592.0.html Try that one after the deep dish. Having the right ingredients and equipment helps. But having the answers is priceless.Try It you'll like it :chef:
John
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:33:31 PM by JConk007 »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 09:56:09 PM »
John,
Thanks for all your help and advise.  No, I havenít tried the cracker crust.  You nailed that one on the first time, too.  ;D  Itís great to look at all the posts and pictures of your pies.  I see you did par bake the crust on the cracker crust. 
Hopefully this weekend I will get to try a deep dish. 
BTW, your daughter is adorable.  :)
Thanks for all your useful information.
Norma

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 10:09:34 PM »
She just turned 4 dec 13th and I cannot even get the mixer out now without her diving in! Check her out in the Gallery tab top of screen under Piaziollas. Messy but fun! she LOVES pizza! just like daddy ;D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 10:12:30 PM by JConk007 »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 10:14:34 PM »
She just turned 4 dec 13th and I cannot even get the mixer out now without her diving in! Check her out in the Gallery tab top of screen under Piaziollas. Messy but fun! she LOVES pizza! just like daddy ;D

John,
That's great she loves making pizza, like her daddy.  She will probably grow up being able to make the best pies..long before we all knew how to..lol

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 10:18:46 PM »
John,
I never knew that tab existed!  ::)  The pictures are great!

Thanks,
Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 08:49:59 PM »
John,

I was going to mix the dough this evening for a BTB Deep Dish w/semolina.  I forgot I took the semolina to market.  I looked for another formula for a deep dish that I had the ingredients here at home.  I decided to try a Giordano's Stuffed Pizza. I didn't even have enough of one kind of flour and used a no name AP and King Arthur AP. Hope that doesn't matter. I mixed the dough tonight.  Hopefully it will work out tomorrow night. 
I definitely will try the BTB Deep Dish w/semolina the next time.

Thanks for all your help,

Norma

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 09:20:16 PM »
I am sure you will be fine with the flour. Hope the Giordano's comes out well for you. Cant wait to see it. After temping you with other recipes  and looking at old posts, I decided to do Cracker crust Pizza Hut pan,(got it this time!)  and a few NY style tonight. Very full and tired I will post many pics tomo. enjoy
John

pizzapan