I've made this recipe twice now in the last two weeks. Both times the dough was very dry but it was very "rollable" when I went to make pizza. And, both times, the pizza turned out excellent.
Now, I want to follow up by saying that during this same two week period, I had my wife make up a batch of the dough since I had forgotten to do so. Her dough, OTOH, turned out absolutely horrible. It was waaaaay too dry and you could see bits of undisolved yeast throughout. I attempted to salvage the chunk of "dough" but it wouldn't budge under the pressure of a rolling pin.
We ended up going out to dinner that night (and tried a new pizza joint in the process).
I don't know what she did differently than I did, but she used the exact same recipe that I used and did everything by weight.
Now, I will say that this is how I do it:
I put the empty mixing bowl on my digital scale and tare to zero. I add in exactly
pound (16 oz.) high gluten flour. Next, I remove the mixer bowl from the scale, then place a glass measuring cup on the scale and tare to zero. Then, I add 5.6 ounces of spring water to the cup. Then, in the microwave oven, zap the water for 30-60 seconds until it's warm. Then, I add the yeast, salt, and sugar and mix until it's all dissolved. I put everything into my food processor and run (with steel blade) for about 30-60 seconds, until the "flour" looks like coarse cornmeal and it's all sticking to the sides of the bowl. I dump everything out onto the countertop and squeeze the "crumbs" into a ball, then I knead briefly, and then let rise. The dough is very dense, but it's got enough moisture to hold its shape and is workable. After the rise, it rolls out nicely, but requires some effort.