A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza Fusion's Earth Day Pizza Contest  (Read 5747 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Always working and looking for new information!
Pizza Fusion's Earth Day Pizza Contest
« on: April 21, 2010, 05:48:33 PM »
In the spirit of Earth Day’s 40th Anniversary, Pizza Fusion has launched a nationwide search for the greenest, most eco-friendly pizza recipe in the country with the Pizza Fusion Earth Day Video Contest.  Maybe this is something the members of this forum might be interested in.

http://www.pmq.com/newsletter/042110.php

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
Re: Pizza Fusion's Earth Day Pizza Contest
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:35:29 PM »
I decided at the last minute yesterday, to make a pizza for this contest. I saw they changed the deadline for submitting the video to April 30th. I talked to the market manager and he said it would be great to have me make a pizza and enter it into this contest.  I decided to call this pizza, “Root’s Market Day Pizza”.  I should have the video uploaded and a link by tomorrow if anyone is interested in seeing it. 

It was tough doing this video because I really didn’t want to show my face, but in guidelines  rules for making the video, it said you had to introduce yourself as Chef and then your name.  Since I couldn’t see the video until I got home I was nervous.  The video didn’t turn out like I wanted it to, but I am still going to submit it. My mother took the video. I had myself so nervous about making this video this morning that I thought I couldn’t go though with it, but I did.

The pizza did turn out great.  Here are a few pictures of the pizza.  The market manager wanted the pizza, so I didn’t get to taste it, but when I talked to him tonight he said he really liked the pizza.  I used all fresh ingredients from Root’s Market.

Norma
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 10:56:54 PM by norma427 »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 10:36:44 PM »
some of the rest of pictures

Norma

brayshaw

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 03:40:34 AM »
Norma,

That looks absolutely delicious!!! what are the toppings?
Can't believe how good that crust looks! top job!

Paul

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 07:17:15 AM »
Paul,

Thanks for saying the “Root’s Market Day Pizza” looks delicious.  :) The dough formula is my regular poolish preferment for the Lehmann dough.  I made a 14" pizza and just left the crust thicker.  The crust then was more airy than usual.  When I talked to the market manager last, night he said when he looked at the pizza he thought there was spinach and squash on the pizza and he didn't like those vegetables.  He also asked what the sauce was.  He then said he wanted to taste the pizza because it was called "Root's Market Day Pizza" and their 85th anniversary is coming up next week.  After he had a taste he said the pizza was delicious and he had two slices. 

The dressings were first a dressing of fresh herb infused oil to coat the crust, Les’s grape tomato sauce, green and red peppers, yellow squash and grape tomatoes dredged in the fresh herb infused oil, spring onions, spinach and mozzarella.  I was going to put olives on the pizza, but just wanted to use vegetables from the market.

I uploaded the video on You tube last night and put all the tags on the contest rules say and followed the rules, but when I went to Pizza Fusion’s “Earth Saving Pizza” Submission” it kept saying I had an invalid email address and it wouldn’t let me submit my entry.  My email address is a valid one, so I don’t know what to do next.  :-\

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 11:09:45 AM »
My “Earth Saving Pizza”, that I tried to submit to Pizza Fusion last night is finally submitted.  I was really embarrassed to do this video, being I am such an “old lady”, but since I told the market manager I was going to try and see what happened, I did submit it.  You can see if you are interested in watching this video how nervous I was and couldn’t remember what I wanted to say.  I kept stumbling over my words. Whew..I was glad when that was finished. This was just taken with my camera and since I don’t know how to edit anything, this is what the video looked like.  I called the market manager this morning and he said he is going to pass the word to vote for this “Root’s Market Day Pizza”.  That was really nice of him.  I told him you can only cast one vote a day from the same email address.

http://earthdaycontest.com/chef-norma-roots-market-day-pizza

Norma
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 03:12:51 PM by norma427 »

Offline PizzaHog

• Heat matters!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 07:15:57 PM »
Norma, that pizza is a beauty - a work of art I say!
Best of luck in the contest.
Hog

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 07:21:34 PM »
Norma, that pizza is a beauty - a work of art I say!
Best of luck in the contest.
Hog

Hog,

Thanks for the compliment.  :)  I need to try another one next week, so I can taste it.  :-D  At least the grape tomatoes and other ingredients were cheap. 

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 07:33:07 PM »
Today and tomorrow are the last days for the pizza contest at “Pizza Fusion Earth Day Video”.  The way the voting works is, for each view of my video will give me one vote.  Only one vote from the same email address or computer for each day.  If anyone is interested here is the link.

Thanks,

Norma

Offline Matthew

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 05:55:58 AM »
Today and tomorrow are the last days for the pizza contest at “Pizza Fusion Earth Day Video”.  The way the voting works is, for each view of my video will give me one vote.  Only one vote from the same email address or computer for each day.  If anyone is interested here is the link.

Thanks,

Norma

Great job Norma!  Good luck. 

Matt
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 07:20:41 AM by Matthew »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 06:26:51 AM »
Great job Norma!  Good luck.  Come on guys & gals; view the video for Norma :chef:

Matt

Thanks for saying it was a good job.  :) The way I understand it from the submission guidelines and Pizza Fusions Facebook, is it was supposed to be over last night.  The whole contest is kind of interesting. They are supposed to pick the top five videos viewed that followed the submission guidelines.  I decided to go into this contest, only about four days before the deadline because there weren't that many submissions and also some of the people weren't following the submission guidelines. Pizza Fusion had also extended the deadline to April 30th. If anyone were to print these submission guidelines out, you could see what they are. Even after I uploaded the video with the proper tags and went to the submission page of Pizza Fusion, I couldn't get my video submitted.  The next morning I got an email from the president of Pizza Fusion saying he saw my submission on Youtube and he submitted it.  If you look under my video you can see who submitted my video.

Next after the top five videos viewed are picked, it is suppose to go to the judges to make the final decisions.  This is called the Judging phase. The results of the contest are supposed to be announced Monday. 

Since I like to experiment and investigate, this should be interesting to see what happens.

Thanks for your support,

Norma
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:54:21 AM by norma427 »

Online Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 08:49:02 AM »
Norma I just now saw the thread so I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to vote for you, otherwise I would have.  My first impression is that it looks like a Lehmann recipe crust. The pie is very colorful and bright looking and not overbaked which is important for an "earth day" theme.  The crust looks BIG but nice color and looks a bit heavy. Too bad you couldn't taste it as I'm sure you would have approved chef Norma.
  I think you may have a good chance at winning since you have the President rooting for you.
I really appreciate you saying how nervous you were and had thought about not doing the video. I'm very proud of you for overcoming those feelings and submitting the video. We all struggle with those types of emotions but not many of us are brave enough to open up and share that with others. Thank you for letting us experience that with you.  Good luck to you and I hope you WIN chef Norma. You are already a winner in my book. 

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 10:47:31 AM »
Tran,

That’s okay you didn’t see the thread.  You don’t have to apologize.  The dough was the poolish version of the Lehmann dough.  I would have liked to taste it, but since the market manger wanted the pie named after the market, it went to him.  I only had enough of the grape tomato sauce for one pie.

I really didn’t like the idea of having to introduce myself as Chef.  If you look at some of the other entries, they also were added by the founder of Pizza Fusion.  I don’t know why some entrants couldn’t submit their own videos. 

I don’t think I would have gone though with this if I hadn’t talked to the market manager and told him I thought I was going to try.  :-\  I also told him putting a video on the web with me talking had me a wreck.  LOL   It has been a good experience though.  I can talk to customers easily, but since I did that for so many years, that isn’t hard. 

Get going on the Papa John’s contest.  At least that one, I don’t think you have to do a video.  :-D

Thanks,

Norma

Offline PizzaHog

• Heat matters!
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 11:22:10 AM »
From what I can figure out after visiting the website I believe you are a finalist Norma!  I sure hope that is correct as it looks like you came in 4th place on the voting.  So I watched all the other videos posted there and your pizza is my winner for sure.  Best looking, most appetizing, far and away the best dough and crust, and I think easily do-able in pizza fusions establishments (although I kinda doubt they would duplicate your poolish method).
Winner announced today, I got my finger crossed!
Good Luck
Hog

Online Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 11:33:20 AM »
Norma, I was looking at the pie on my iphone earlier and on my desktop now, it looks even better.  The crust looked a bit heavy on my iphone but does not on the computer.  It does look light and airy.  Nice job! 

No problems with calling yourself chef as you CAN make pizza.  I've seen videos of these guys calling themselves chefs and their pies look like crap.   :-D

I did submit an entry into the PJ's contest but I'm sure nothing will come of it.  Too many great entries on a large scale contest like that so it's easy to get lost in the mix, but I did enter.   :D

You Rock Norma!!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 03:13:54 PM »
Tran,

Thanks for saying nice job.  It’s good to hear you did submit an entry.  ;D  You never know what might happen.  There is so much talent on this forum, I am sure if enough people entered from this forum there would be a chance someone could win. With all the ideas and posts from forum members, what better place is there to get ideas for making pizza. :pizza:

Best of luck to you!

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 11:07:28 PM »
These were the Submission Guidelines for the Pizza Fusion Earth Day Saving Contest

How to Enter: During the Submission Phase, visit www.YouTube.com and upload a video creatively describing your "Earth Saving Pizza Recipe" Then, visit www.earthdaycontest.com and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form, including the URL and title of your video on Youtube and a valid home mailing address to register for the Contest. (P.O. Boxes are not permitted.) The registration and the video are collectively referred to as the submission (the “Submission”). By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.

Submission Guidelines:

1. The Submission must comply with YouTube.com standards http://www.youtube.com/t/terms;
   2. The Youtube video MUST be uploaded with the tags: ‘Pizza Fusion’, ‘video contest’, ‘Earth Saving Pizza’, ‘pizza’, ‘organic’, ‘franchise’
   3. The Submission must not be shorter than thirty (30) seconds nor exceed three (3) minutes in length;
   4. The Submission must explain why your "Earth Saving Pizza" deserves to win and how to make it; and
   5. The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
   6. Title of Video on YouTube must contain this:?- Name of Chef/Filmaker/Producer?- Pizza Fusion Earthday Video Contest
      For Example: Chef Bailey Maddison – Pizza Fusion Earthday Video Contest.
   7. User must upload the video of the original song they made to Youtube no later than April 19th, 2010 by Midnight EST. User must then contact Pizza Fusion by visiting contest website and submitting your video through the proper form.

Content Restrictions:

* The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
    * The Submission must not disparage Pizza Fusion Holdings, Inc., Contest Sponsors, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest, including but not limited to the contest Judges;
    * The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than Pizza Fusion (Plugging Honest Tea can’t hurt your chances)
    * The Submission must not contain footage, images or artwork not created by entrant or which entrant has not obtained a license to use in conjunction with the Submission, except for photos available for download at: http://www.pizzafusion.com, which entrant has a limited license to use for purposes of this Contest;
    * The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
    * The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
    * The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.

For All Submissions: Limit: You may submit one (1) Submission during the Submission Phase of the Contest Period. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Entrant must have permission from all individuals (if any) who appear in the Submission to use their names and likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested by Sponsor, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If necessary, entrant will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void.

All entries and other submitted material become the property of Pizza Fusion Holdings, Inc. and will not be acknowledged or returned.

You agree (and if you are the designated contact person for a group of persons or a company, agree as an authorized agent on behalf of that group of persons or company) to indemnify, and hold Contest Sponsors, Judges, and Pizza Fusion Holdings, Inc, its officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents and representatives (“Indemnitees”) harmless from and against any third party claim (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising from any use of the Content.?

In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder, at time of entry, of the email address used to register for the Contest will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.

# Winner Determination: Winners will be determined according to the process set forth below. (a) Voting Phase: During the applicable Voting Phase, all eligible Submissions will be posted in an online gallery for public voting at http://blog.pizzafusion.com and/or http://www.earthdaycontest.com and/or http://www.facebook.com/pizzafusion . Members of the public over age thirteen (13) will be invited to vote for the Submission they believe is best. Limit: Each voter may vote one (1) time per day during each Voting Phase. Multiple votes received from any person or email address after the first vote received from that person or email address in a given calendar day will be void. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Subject to the entrant's compliance with these Official Rules, the five (5) entrants whose Submissions receive the highest number of valid votes and/or views during the applicable Voting Phase will move on the the Judging Phase. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to include more than five (5) Submissions in the Judging Phase in the event of a tie between Submissions during the Voting Phase.

(a)Voting Phase: Multiple voters are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any voter to submit more than the stated number of votes by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other method will void that voter’s Submission(s) (if any) and votes and he/she will be disqualified from further participation in the Contest. Use of script, macro or any other automated system to vote is prohibited and all such votes will be void. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9 below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, garbled, delayed, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected votes, which will be void. In the event of a dispute as to any vote, the authorized account holder of the email address used to vote will be deemed to be the voter.

(b)Judging Phase: During the Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will judge the five (5) Submissions that received the highest number of votes and will select the entrant with the best Submission based on the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"):

* Creativity/Originality (25%);
    * Edibility (Must be a real pizza with practical ingredients) (25%);
    * Quality (25%); and
    * Fit with the Contest Theme of Pizza Fusion's ethos (25%)

In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score in the “Fit with the Contest Theme of Pizza Fusion’s ethos” category, as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 07:13:42 PM »
From what I can figure out after visiting the website I believe you are a finalist Norma!  I sure hope that is correct as it looks like you came in 4th place on the voting.  So I watched all the other videos posted there and your pizza is my winner for sure.  Best looking, most appetizing, far and away the best dough and crust, and I think easily do-able in pizza fusions establishments (although I kinda doubt they would duplicate your poolish method).
Winner announced today, I got my finger crossed!
Good Luck
Hog

Hog,

I just saw your post. Sorry I missed it. Thanks for the compliments.  :)  You can't really tell by looking at their website and videos which five have the most votes. 

Thanks,

Norma
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 09:29:52 PM by norma427 »

Offline PizzaHog

• Heat matters!
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 12:41:40 PM »
You can't really tell by looking at their website and videos which five have the most votes. 
Norma
I was afraid of that, but your pizza rocked regardless.  I guess we will have to wait and see, which leads me to my next question:

Who won???  Where are the results which were to be posted by now??

OK, 2 questions but still...

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 09:31:50 PM »
Norma
I was afraid of that, but your pizza rocked regardless.  I guess we will have to wait and see, which leads me to my next question:

Who won???  Where are the results which were to be posted by now??

OK, 2 questions but still...

Hog,

Thanks for saying the pizza rocked regardless.  :)  Second question..I don't have any idea who won.  It was supposed to be posted online, yesterday. 

Norma

wordpress