Author Topic: Neapolitan Pizza and G3 Ferrari (modified) electric oven.  (Read 258041 times)

Offline Altus

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Neapolitan Pizza and G3 Ferrari (modified) electric oven.
« Reply #1050 on: December 01, 2016, 05:08:15 PM »
First cook on the modified G3 this evening.  Need to work on my pizza peel technique as had a couple of poor results.  However on the whole the pizzas were very well received by my family and friends that we had around.  Cook time was about 90-100secs with nice leoparding on base and crust.

A quick pic of one of the 10 pies I made.

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #1051 on: December 01, 2016, 07:17:20 PM »
A very impressive result!

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #1052 on: December 01, 2016, 07:19:51 PM »
Remember, if I understand correctly, the standard elements (if 120v, depends on model) are electrically to be seen as one element split to two places. That means you cannot simply remove/use just one of them and you cannot replace one of them with a new 230v element.

Hope that helps you so far
I sure has helped, i asked a friend to bring the bottom element to the top of the oven since that mod is too difficult for me.

Offline Altus

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1053 on: December 02, 2016, 01:31:27 AM »
I sure has helped, i asked a friend to bring the bottom element to the top of the oven since that mod is too difficult for me.

It's actually fairly straight forward if you just take your time.  I use multiple sheets of a4 paper to draw the unit then push each screw through the paper where they go as I took it to bits.

The pictures on page 28 give a good idea of the process.

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #1054 on: December 07, 2016, 12:45:28 PM »
My buddy modded my oven today, so let the games begin!  >:D

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #1055 on: December 07, 2016, 05:21:08 PM »
And here's the first pie made by my buddy, i haven't taken a picture of mine but it was similar so i'll post this. I can't believe what a huge difference this mod makes.

Offline parodius4

• Neapolitan, fresh tomatoes and small electric oven
« Reply #1056 on: Today at 09:14:33 AM »
Hello everybody,
I recently had some good and some bad experiences with my pizzamaking.

Good first, I think I am getting really close to a reliable dough that proofs and bakes the way I like. It is done in 24h or less, is full of air, well fermented with good taste, good to handle and bakes with much spring and leoparding. The last pies I made rose so strong and quickly I wasn't even prepared to turn it and it was done in under 50s with a stone temp of ca. 520C. It is not really pretty or evenly baked, I was just to slow.
The last three batches worked liked that and I have finally some confidence in the dough and start to understand it a little.

I switched from IDY to fresh yeast and it makes such a difference from handling to baking for me. I have suspected my IDY to not work so well for some time now and I dont think I will use it anymore apart from emergencies.

Bad news is, after all these experimental bakings lately, my 1200W top heater burned through.
Not sure about the reason, it was not in a spot that was bent or closer to the dome or the other heater. Maybe in its intended purpose of home oven or whirlpool it is better cooled by moving air or water but otoh it is heating much longer there. In my case it was never longer on than ca. 3-4 min.
It survived around 70-100 bake cycles.

As a replacement I will try a 1500w element that is shaped in a double circle, so it is longer than the 1200W was. I am hoping/guessing thus it will stay a little cooler on the surface although being slightly stronger. Additionally the extra circle should help with the cold spot in the back of the oven that can clearly be seen in the less browned spot on the corniciones in my latest pics.

Bye