A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Deck Oven Disassembly  (Read 197 times)

Offline Adammac

• I Love Pizza!
Deck Oven Disassembly
« on: January 24, 2017, 08:06:57 PM »
Hi Guys, I am currently setting up a new bakery on a budget.

I recently purchased a used gas Deck Oven. Got it for a good price with a bunch of other equipment. Unfortunately the oven is in Germany and I am in Ireland so next week I am driving over for a week or two to take everything apart and pack it into a shipping container.

Now the fun part, I have to take the oven apart to fit it through a 1 meter door. I have made inquiries into a technical manual but apparently Miwe don't publish one. We will have access to a genie lift but no forklift due to the door width.

Has anyone here experience with the technical side of these ovens? I'd greatly appreciate any insight into what is involved in disassembly. It's very difficult to find any info out there about ovens like this so any help would be brilliant.

Thanks,

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
Re: Deck Oven Disassembly
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 10:47:16 PM »
We had a very similar oven for baking specialty hearth breads when I worked at the American Institute of Baking but ours came almost fully assembled so I can't be of any direct help but you might want to see if you can identify/locate one of their installers or find a bakery that has one of their ovens. Most manufacturers will share with you who has one of their ovens for you to look at, then you can ask the "40 questions" concerning how the oven was delivered and installed.
Additionally, I Googled MIWE ovens and got a number of hits, one of which provides a link to contact the manufacturer with technical questions. You might contact them saying that you have one of their ovens (be prepared to provide model and serial number) and ask them for instructions for disassembly. It appears that each deck is an independent oven in itself so I'm guessing that once you remove the outer shell you should be able to remove each deck independently for relocation. Just be sure to video the entire process and mark each part for correct reassembly.
Good luck,
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor