A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Cauliflower crust Pizza  (Read 124 times)

Offline wingchunpizza

• pic or it didn't happen...
Cauliflower crust Pizza
« on: January 09, 2018, 02:53:20 PM »
As much as I love pizza, it's just not diet friendly. Especially if you're doing low carb. I spent literally years developing what, to my mind, is the perfect pizza(if there is such a thing). Anyway, after about 3 solid years I nailed the exact taste and structure I was searching for in a pizza. The last stumbling block was finding the perfect mozzarella for a NY style pie. BTW, if any of you have a US Foods CHEF STORE near by, I highly recommend their Harvest Value Whole Milk Low Moisture Mozzarella. It is amazing, so much so, that I sent three emails to their help department trying to find who produced it for them because I'm certain it's produced by one of the top industry brands. Maybe Grande, IDK but grab it if you can.

Regardless, having started a low carb diet I only get traditional pizza every once in a while. I've been dabbling in making low carb pizza crusts for a few weeks now. Below is a cauliflower crust pizza, which is fairly big in the keto community. It's better than it sounds.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 02:54:53 PM by wingchunpizza »
Because donuts don't wear alligator shoes.

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
Re: Cauliflower crust Pizza
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 03:58:48 PM »
Thanks for posting this.

I've always been curious about cauliflower crust pizza, but never got around to playing with it. I guess my $1 million question is: How much does it taste like regular pizza, and how much does it taste like caulifloewr? :(

Offline wingchunpizza

• pic or it didn't happen...
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 02:00:40 PM »
A cauliflower crust pizza surprisingly enough actually doesn't taste like cauliflower. Cauliflower has such a mild taste that I think all of the other ingredients overpower it. As I stated in the video, the biggest thing about the crust is that it doesn't have the same feel or crunch as a traditional flour crust. No matter what you do it, it will never get that crunch either. As you saw in the video I did above the crust got quite dark. Not burnt by any means, it still doesn't crunch.

There are a number of other ways to make a low carb pizza if that's what you're interest in. I'm still putting together videos on how to make those as well.
Because donuts don't wear alligator shoes.

Online invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 05:38:52 PM »
Thanks for posting this.

I've always been curious about cauliflower crust pizza, but never got around to playing with it. I guess my $1 million question is: How much does it taste like regular pizza, and how much does it taste like caulifloewr? :(

It's missing the yeast/fermentation, so it tastes kind of like a tortilla pizza, only made of vegetables!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T