A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Double deck pizza oven for home use?  (Read 954 times)

Offline 00rgiles

• I Love Pizza!
Double deck pizza oven for home use?
« on: June 21, 2017, 03:26:36 AM »
I can't tell whether this is overkill or whether this option is not actually good enough for most pizzas?

I'm looking for as much advice as possible.

This is the oven I've been looking into.

https://www.ecatering.co.uk/buy/italinox-king-3tac-compact-twin-deck-electric-pizza-oven-special-purchase-lowest_410.htm

Offline 00rgiles

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Double deck pizza oven for home use?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 03:28:27 AM »
I can't tell if this would do the job nicely or is this generally poor for all types.

Online barryvabeach

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 06:57:45 AM »
I am not familiar with that oven, but it looks like a pretty standard chinese manufactured oven  ( the specs say Italian designed -  not made in Italy )  It also has some conversion issues in the text, it says the interior decks are 10 inches by 10 inches, but 500 mm is about 20 inches.   If  in fact is is 20 by 20, that is a lot of deck space for 2.6 kw, so it may take quite some time to heat up, and to recover.  I bought a single deck chinese one years ago, but the wattage that was advertised was not what was delivered, and I had to do some mods to get good results, but eventually sold it.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 07:54:42 AM »
( the specs say Italian designed -  not made in Italy ) 

:-D   Pretty much everything from China... [insert country name] designed, made in China...

Ovens like this are a dime-a-million at alibaba.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 09:42:10 AM »
In looking at the picture presented if you do some scale assessment, assume those two rocker switches at the bottom right front of the oven are a total of 1-inch wide, measure it, now measure across the width of the oven. It's about 10-times as wide as the switch. Do the same thing for the dials, assuming they are 2-inches in diameter and you come up with what looks to be a 10-inch wide deck. Just looking at the oven it seems all out of proportion (too boxy) for a 20-inch wide deck.
Just my observation.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline 00rgiles

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 09:47:18 AM »
Any suggestions on a cost effective solution here in the UK? I'm really struggling. I want something like this but can't justify full on commercial prices.. most UK ovens go 250c or 270c at a push. Ovens like this go to 350c

Has to be an indoor oven and I'm trying to keep under 400-500... preferably 300-350.

Offline 00rgiles

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 09:48:49 AM »
Bakers pride ovens and the style a lot of you like are crazy expensive for a home cook enthusiast but I don't want any outdoor seasonal ovens based on the poor weather we get here (cold and wet) also I don't think much of these one pizza express style machines...

Offline Kidbriar

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 10:01:54 AM »
I have the exact same oven and I use it at home to bake bread and pizzas in and and can recommend it. I've also used it to roast peppers and garlic, I just had to get used to it not being a fan oven and adjusted my timings accordingly.   Go for it, you won't be disappointed, just be aware once you site it, leave it there because it is heavy!

Offline Kidbriar

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 10:05:01 AM »
I have the exact same oven and I use it at home to bake bread and pizzas in and and can recommend it. I've also used it to roast peppers and garlic, I just had to get used to it not being a fan oven and adjusted my timings accordingly.   Go for it, you won't be disappointed, just be aware once you site it, leave it there because it is heavy!
. By the way, I'm here in the UK too

Offline 00rgiles

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 10:05:22 AM »

Amazing, are you from the UK? Do you know what the largest pizza you can cook in here is? There is one version that says 16inch... this one says 20 inch pizza but the measurements come in at 19. Something inches so from the description it sounds like it's not quite 20 inch.. the reason I ask is I want to find out if it could cook 2x 10 inch per deck with or without screen... as it doesn't mention whether it fits these.

Offline 00rgiles

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 10:06:31 AM »
. By the way, I'm here in the UK too
That's amazing, it's nice to meet somebody from same country and with an oven I'm going to get.. Are you a regular or every so often. Could use a little start up help lol

Offline Kidbriar

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 10:10:19 AM »
That's amazing, it's nice to meet somebody from same country and with an oven I'm going to get.. Are you a regular or every so often. Could use a little start up help lol
. I'm only a homebaker and joined this forum to clarify a conversion from active dry yeast to fresh!  The US recipes mostly gave ady, but I always use fresh because Morrisons and Sainsbury's sell it!

Anyway, the oven, I haven't cooked 2 pizzas on one deck, I tend to bake one on each deck, but you can get a 16 inch pizza on each deck, I know cos I did that Saturday!

Offline 00rgiles

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 10:17:19 AM »
. I'm only a homebaker and joined this forum to clarify a conversion from active dry yeast to fresh!  The US recipes mostly gave ady, but I always use fresh because Morrisons and Sainsbury's sell it!

Anyway, the oven, I haven't cooked 2 pizzas on one deck, I tend to bake one on each deck, but you can get a 16 inch pizza on each deck, I know cos I did that Saturday!

How long must you preheat? Or does this depend on the pizza... I know these are not hot enough for certain pizza but I'm looking to create something like a papa johns pizza, pizza express or better. My issue with PJ is the dough is quite heavy but I like pizza express dough consistency. I know a lot on here would class these pizzas as rubbish but it seems a good place to start.

Do you have any good recipes you've learnt of? Ones that are no in bakers percentages as I struggle with these. lol

Also what ingredients do you use, San Marzano toms are like ghosts here in the UK.. best options I can find are Mutti, Pizza express version etc

Sorry for all the questions but it's real useful finding another Brit. Where you from?

Offline Kidbriar

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 10:17:53 AM »

. This is the oven I've got and it looks like it's on sale!
http://www.easyequipment.com/modena-mp2.html

Offline 00rgiles

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 11:16:29 AM »
what sort of pizza do you cook?

Offline Kidbriar

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 11:38:33 AM »
what sort of pizza do you cook?
I usually do a neopolitan dough and toppings are tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella, mushrooms, olives and sliced cherry tomatoes. Quite basic really; my nemesis is the opening up of the dough 😬