A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Little Black Egg  (Read 629704 times)

Offline Villa Roma

• In search of the ever elusive leopard spots!
Re: Little Black Egg
« Reply #400 on: August 12, 2008, 01:30:43 PM »

But a word of advice and caution: Do not forget to put on tin foil hats before you guys blast off!!  :-D

I'm with you, bro!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:33:35 PM by Villa Roma »

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #401 on: August 13, 2008, 01:28:23 AM »
VR,

I'm glad you're thinking ahead!  ;D

VR, PC & BHC,

I got the first two LBE Tees in today, and have a couple more coming, with a slightly different design, though. I'd be happy to send two out, one to Europe and one to "Down Under", as a token of saying "Thanks" to a great design and its improvements.

BHC, I don't know where you're located, but if you're interested in a Tee, let me know. I don't want any money for it, unless you want more than just one. That goes for all three of 'ya.  :)

P.S.: I know they somewhat resemble a ghost, but I wasn't too thrilled about the idea of "modeling" them to you.   8)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 01:55:06 AM by Essen1 »
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline pizzacraver

• beer and pizza mmmm!
« Reply #402 on: August 13, 2008, 04:52:52 AM »
 You guys are hilarious, seriously!!!!  :-D

Essens thatís a very kind gesture and as much as I think the tee's look great you really donít have to go to all the trouble of sending a one all the way down here.

Pizzacraver.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 05:02:40 AM by pizzacraver »

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #403 on: August 13, 2008, 03:52:22 PM »
PC,

The Tee wasn't for you, it was for your beer-drinking Kangaroo buddy!  ;D

Seriously, it would be a pleasure to send it down to Australia. If you change your mind, let me know.
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Boy Hits Car

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #404 on: August 13, 2008, 08:34:57 PM »
Essen,

That is great!  I'll take it if Villa Roma says yes.  I don't want to be the jerk who didn't graciously decline (although I really want the tee).   :P

I'll be making some pies on the LBE this weekend and I'll be sure to get some pics.  I haven't forgotten that you asked to see the side vent on my LBE.

You don't happen to live near Philadelphia, do you?

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #405 on: August 13, 2008, 10:23:31 PM »
BHC,

Three Tees are up for grabs.

Two with a B & W design, and one with a red LBE design, which I'll get in on Friday. Pic's below. I really don't mind sending them around the globe and to Philly. I think since we're all having fun with a design, Villa was nice enough to share, we might just even wear it  ;D

Yes, a pick of your vents would be great! I'm in San Francisco, by the way.

Mike

Offline Villa Roma

« Reply #406 on: August 14, 2008, 12:03:36 AM »
Essen....Everyone thinks I'm borderline pizza obsessed and this looks like the thing that will throw it over the top so yes, I'll take you up on your generous offer. If the colored shirt is still up for grabs, that would be my preference. I'll send you a PM in the next few days.

Thanks, Villa Roma

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #407 on: August 14, 2008, 12:55:04 AM »
Excellent, Villa.

Thank you for accepting. The colored one has your name on it!

I just did a quick check-up with UPS and I found out that I got the date wrong. The colored one will be here on the 18th, that's next Monday. That should give you guys ample time to PM me with the necessary shipping info, because if I can gather the info by Monday, I can send out all three at once on Tuesday. And it goes without saying that your info will be confidential.

In PC's case, I guess PC has to answer in his buddies name, if he likes his keyboard and doesn't want to recycle it any time soon.  ;D 

Just look at K-bud's paws!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 01:05:59 AM by Essen1 »
Mike

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #408 on: August 14, 2008, 01:13:34 AM »
You can also e-mail me the info via the addy that's posted in my profile.

I forgot to mention that... :)
Mike

Offline pizzacraver

• beer and pizza mmmm!
« Reply #409 on: August 14, 2008, 04:16:22 AM »
Well the same goes for me Essen Iíd love one, thank you very much. Iíll go a white if possible and PM you the details in the next day or so.

Pizzacraver.

buceriasdon

« Reply #410 on: August 14, 2008, 08:23:47 AM »
Good morning, Question,please. I assume you mean a high pressure burner? And do you use any sort of a regulator? My efforts to locate an adjustable regulator here in Mexico has not been succesfull. I may have to have one brought down. My problem is the high pressure burners without a regulator are just TOO hot, I have a acetelene regulator but cannot locate the proper adaptors to go from left hand to right hand thread.
 Regards, Don

Hey Villa, I hate to burst your bubble just before liftoff but after using a 14'' weber style 'LBE' extensively for some months,temps achieved on the average type gas cooktop were quite mediocre. You can expect to get a bottom stone temp of around 550F after about 45min-60min and not much more heat being pushed over the top of a pie. It will be interesting to see however what a blow torch can do???The 50,000BTU burner I used worked pretty well, heating up to speed in 15-20mins tops.
Good Luck bro

pizzacraver.

Offline Villa Roma

« Reply #411 on: August 14, 2008, 11:10:07 AM »
Don.....If you're going to use a high pressure burner you'll need a regulator and a valve. The regulator will knock the LP tank pressure down from 300 PSI to 10-30 depending on the regulator you choose. The valve will adjust the amount of gas going to the burner and is used to adjust the flame height. You don't need an adjustable regulator, the control valve does that job.

Villa Roma

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #412 on: August 14, 2008, 12:30:38 PM »
PC,

It's great that you changed your mind. Shoot me a PM and it'll go out to "Down Under" on Tuesday!  ;D

Mike

Offline pizzacraver

• beer and pizza mmmm!
« Reply #413 on: August 14, 2008, 07:23:34 PM »
Essen, will do. Once again thanks bro ;D
 Pizzacraver.

Offline jasonmolinari

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #414 on: August 14, 2008, 07:38:16 PM »
Less shirt-ing, more pizza-ing;)

prosciutto cotto and olives. Dough was king arthur bread, 72% hydration, 3 day cold rise.

I think i've gotten my LBE method down.
Preheat stone to about 650-700, put pizza on, crank propane as high as possible, rotate pizza 90 degrees every 45 seconds or so. Remove at about 2 minutes.

This dough was definitely heavier than my last 2..i think it was because i only gave it about 1 hours in a 100 degree oven to warm up from the fridge, instead of 3-4 slow hours at room temperature..but hey...weeknight pizza...not so bad!

So good. Can't thank everyone who helped develop the LBE enough.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 07:40:00 PM by jasonmolinari »

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #415 on: August 14, 2008, 08:00:10 PM »
Jason,

pie looks great! And I'm sure it tasted the way it looks. Great job.

It sounds like you're getting a hang of the LBE.  :chef:
Mike

Offline jasonmolinari

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #416 on: August 14, 2008, 08:08:21 PM »
Thanks essen. The LBE is acutally pretty easy to use.

Offline pizzacraver

• beer and pizza mmmm!
« Reply #417 on: August 15, 2008, 04:21:57 AM »
   Looks AWESOME Jason!!! I agree with Essen,it's sounding like your really getting into the swing of it:D

Hey guys I still havenít cranked up my new LBE yet. Iíve made one small mod to the existing set- up and that is to cut to size a larger corderite buffer stone.I hope its going to reduce the heat around the edge of the 14Ē stone that sits on top thus giving me a more even heat at a slightly higher temp.This weekend Iíll have the answer. :)
 Here are some pics.

Pizzacraver.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 05:04:33 AM by pizzacraver »

Offline Villa Roma

« Reply #418 on: August 15, 2008, 07:04:48 AM »
Jason....Your pizza looks fantastic. Are you using a starter?

Craver....You win the award for the most intricate LBE. Looking forward to your test firing.

I took today off and made a special dough. All I'll say is Marie-Antoinette would be proud!

Villa Roma

Offline jasonmolinari

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #419 on: August 15, 2008, 07:10:05 AM »
VR, no, for now it's just IDY @ 0.5%. Next batch i'll use a starter to see if it's different enough to make it worthwhile.

Craver: How did you cut the corderite? I imagine you must of had a stone cutter on a dremel tool?

wordpress