A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Inverted's NY slice  (Read 2532 times)

Offline invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
Re: Inverted's NY slice
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2018, 01:13:30 PM »
Found these pics on my phone of this NY pie I made last year. Wish they all came out like this!

Might have to mix a dough today...

Online HarryHaller73

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2018, 01:19:40 PM »
Found these pics on my phone of this NY pie I made last year. Wish they all came out like this!

Might have to mix a dough today...

Looks great.  If you can pull this off in a home oven, your deck oven pies would most likely be amazing.

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2018, 01:20:49 PM »
Those look really nice, Ryan  :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:
Norm

Offline invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2018, 06:22:41 PM »
Thanks guys! For some reason I never posted that pie in my thread, but it looks like I posted some notes about it, gonna see if I can re-create it. It also looks like that was the first time I tried a whole pound of mozz on a pie. No wonder! I recently tried 8 oz on a 12" and didn't think it seemed that high. I think the higher cheese amounts fill in a lot of that "what's missing" vibe homemade pizzas sometimes have. I've been trying numbers based off PMQ operators instead and getting good results lately.

Online hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2018, 06:42:28 PM »
Those look really nice, Ryan  :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

^^^

That was the old or new oven? What size pie with 16oz cheese? I've tried a bunch of local pies recently, the higher cheese amounts give a real nice texture.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 06:45:43 PM by hammettjr »
Matt

Offline invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2018, 06:59:53 PM »
^^^

That was the old or new oven? What size pie with 16oz cheese? I've tried a bunch of local pies recently, the higher cheese amounts give a real nice texture.

That was my newer oven, apparently I baked on the bottom rack at 450F. Not sure why I didn't explore it further, probably because my sauce doesn't seem to cook all the way with a screen bake, but I think I'll try that bake setup again with a cooked sauce and see how it goes.

17" pie with 16 oz of cheese.
You can tell in the pic above that slice actually has cheese texture, been struggling to get that for a while but it could just be due to low amounts.

Online Hermit

• Supporting Member
  • I make do with what I have
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2018, 10:50:29 PM »
Ryan did you get that bite in the cheese your looking for in that slice from what you can remember?  I'd like to try that out with the heavier cheese.

Offline invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2018, 10:57:12 PM »
Ryan did you get that bite in the cheese your looking for in that slice from what you can remember?  I'd like to try that out with the heavier cheese.

Can't say for sure, just don't remember, but in the pic you can see it has that chewy "cheese triangle" which I pretty much never get, that makes me assume it came from those higher amounts.