A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Starters/Sponges / Re: Find Ischia Starter / Ischia Culture in Europe
« Last post by bifi85 on Today at 02:40:23 AM »
The information i gathered in the internet is, that "fresh" sourdough dies after ~ 48 h. So sending it fresh will most likely be the death of it. A 3-10 day travel time is most likely.
Chicago Style / Re: Thickness factor
« Last post by mrmojo1 on Today at 02:34:24 AM »
i mean the crusts by their nature are a sponge!  we should invent a pizza fan that gently blows the steam and keeps the moisture away!
Chicago Style / Re: Thickness factor
« Last post by mrmojo1 on Today at 02:19:34 AM »
your pics look pretty stellar to me!!!  really nice chi dd!   i always found sometimes it could be great 1st piece but then get soggy... the temps are dropping, cooling...there's steam, evaporation and then condensation, and as things cool water moves and gathers....so as garvey says getting it tilted or put the whole pie out onto a tray with air flow and drainage.......even my chi thin crust can suffer the moisture issue post 1st cut! most DD try to get as many slices out of the pan on 1st serving and will even put rest on a rack or different tray.  i bet the ovens fix most of the issues....i would love to try my best pies on a deck oven someday and see if they are better!! 
Neapolitan Style / Re: air pockets in my dough balls
« Last post by yarbrough462 on Today at 12:51:27 AM »
The problem is when I'm forming the balls, not when opening.  I'm getting a lot of air bubbles on the surface of the dough during the balling process.

Those pockets can be desireable.  I asked about opening technique because you mentioned the tearing and thin spots when pressing out.  Those can be caused but opening technique as well.
General Pizza Making / Re: Hermit's Pizza Fare
« Last post by Hermit on Today at 12:42:05 AM »
Made up some doughs this morning before the new mixer that surprised me.  Whipped up a couple small NY pies, 12", 3.5 oz NY style sauce, parmesan on sauce then 5oz diced frigo LMPS mozz and sliced boars head genoa salami and pepperoni.  Nanna peppers on one.  Both baked for 10m at 475F center rack on screen w/convection.
General Pizza Making / Re: Percentage help
« Last post by Jackitup on Today at 12:33:17 AM »
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Factors that affect Bread Ear formation
« Last post by vtsteve on Today at 12:22:57 AM »
Been testing out different variables and struggling to get ears.  Finally worked out a few kinks and got a decent one tonight.  Also very pleased with the crumb.

Sweet! What was the dough weight?
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Factors that affect Bread Ear formation
« Last post by Jackie Tran on Today at 12:20:56 AM »
Been testing out different variables and struggling to get ears.  Finally worked out a few kinks and got a decent one tonight.  Also very pleased with the crumb. 
General Pizza Making / Re: Percentage help
« Last post by mitchjg on Yesterday at 11:04:56 PM »
Can someone show me how to figure this please?  I want 275 gram dough balls, 62.5 HR using 2% culture.  How much flour and water do I need?

Are you familiar with this?

https://www.pizzamaking.com/preferment-calculator.html

You can type in the dough weight of 275, the hydration of 62.5 and the preferment of 2% (also tell it 50%/50% assuming tha is how you maintain your culture.).

Don't forget the salt.....
General Pizza Making / Percentage help
« Last post by THEBBQMAN on Yesterday at 10:58:05 PM »
Can someone show me how to figure this please?  I want 275 gram dough balls, 62.5 HR using 2% culture.  How much flour and water do I need?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20