A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: What if a pizza isn't gluten?  (Read 1017 times)

Offline friendlyguy

• I Love Pizza!
What if a pizza isn't gluten?
« on: January 09, 2015, 10:14:38 PM »
Made a his/hers pizza combo (we like different toppings for the most part). She has gone gluten free because it gives her stomach issues and I pledged to do the same. Here's the kicker,  I didn't like the gluten-free dough she bought and went out and got my own--non gluten free. She snuck in and raffled through it before bed last night (to be fair, it was delicious ... She said it was one of the best pizzas she has ever had left over) and isn't feeling well. The gluten stomach ache is already there, and will clear up overnight. Should I tell her or keep convincing her it is a stomach bug.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
Re: What if a pizza isn't gluten?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 10:30:40 PM »
If it were me, I'd come clean and take my lumps (which you'll probably get). Since she thought it was gluten free but still got stomach issues after eating it she most likely has a gluten intolerance problem, but I would encourage her to discuss Celiac Disease with her doctor just to rule it out. Celiac Disease can be a much greater health risk than gluten intolerance, and will need to be addressed differently to avoid complications down the road.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

A D V E R T I S E M E N T