A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Don Antonio. New York  (Read 3317 times)

Offline chriscar

Re: Don Antonio. New York
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 11:22:44 AM »
Matt,

Thanks for the link. By the way, would you have any insight on how to get replicate the texture of the sausage? Maybe it's pre-cooked, and has the fat skimmed off. I put the sausage on raw, and my Blackstone has enough heat to cook it through, but it's more like clumps of sausage. [Edit] Never mind, I just read the recipe.  :-[

Off topic - Where are you on Long Island? I was born and raised there, lived in Ronkonkoma for the last 20 or so years, and moved to Dallas 4 years ago.

Cheers!
Chris
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:02:06 PM by chriscar »
Cogito Ergo Zoom!

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2017, 06:30:44 PM »
Matt,

Thanks for the link. By the way, would you have any insight on how to get replicate the texture of the sausage? Maybe it's pre-cooked, and has the fat skimmed off. I put the sausage on raw, and my Blackstone has enough heat to cook it through, but it's more like clumps of sausage. [Edit] Never mind, I just read the recipe.  :-[

Off topic - Where are you on Long Island? I was born and raised there, lived in Ronkonkoma for the last 20 or so years, and moved to Dallas 4 years ago.

Cheers!
Chris

Yeah, I remember the sausage being dry and crumbly. I'm sure there's a reason why they do it that way, but I'd be interested in trying it a little less cooked.

I'm in Nassau county, towards the north shore. Been here for 4 years, was in Queens before that.

Matt

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 02:58:27 PM »
Yeah, I remember the sausage being dry and crumbly. I'm sure there's a reason why they do it that way, but I'd be interested in trying it a little less cooked.

I'm in Nassau county, towards the north shore. Been here for 4 years, was in Queens before that.

I'm originally from Plainview.  My parents were from Queens.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T