A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Essen1's NY-style pizza project  (Read 312578 times)

Offline hotsawce

Re: Essen1's NY-style pizza project
« Reply #2180 on: January 20, 2018, 10:09:48 AM »
What time and temp were these baked at/for? Truly something else

A 12Ē pie (4 cheese) from the batch above.

Crust had good flavor and color. But I would like the crust to be a little softer so Iíll blend in either some 00 or AP flour with the next batch. Structure and texture was spot on, though.

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #2181 on: January 20, 2018, 10:24:48 AM »
Mike, I also forgot to ask you about how you think using Turbinado affected (or did not affect) the finished crust. I think Turbinado sugar has a bit more carmel or molasses taste compared to normal white sugar but not sure how that would manifest itself in the finished crust (or if you liked it).
Norm

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2182 on: January 20, 2018, 01:46:31 PM »
:-[ (blushing) :)   

Thank you, Mike...those words are what I'll  keep in mind on nights I manage to accidentally "adjust"  a fully loaded shrimp amd sausage  pizza. inch by inch toward  the back of  the turning stone.... and watch the hot cheesy, raw-shrimpy mess slide into the workings of the machine and onto the ground  :-D

LOL.

Had my fare share of those incidents as well... ;D
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2183 on: January 20, 2018, 01:47:09 PM »
What time and temp were these baked at/for? Truly something else

Thanks, Lou.

650įF for about 6 mins.
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2184 on: January 20, 2018, 01:54:49 PM »
Mike, I also forgot to ask you about how you think using Turbinado affected (or did not affect) the finished crust. I think Turbinado sugar has a bit more carmel or molasses taste compared to normal white sugar but not sure how that would manifest itself in the finished crust (or if you liked it).

Norm,

Good question.

I didn't detect a significant change in taste or flavor. But the crust certainly does brown much better with that type of sugar. The Turbinado is considered a raw sugar and undergoes very little processing and thus makes it a much healthier alternative to processed white sugar.

I have been using it off and on but I will now using it on a regular basis. Here's a very good article on it. Worth the read...

https://www.livestrong.com/article/253642-the-nutritional-facts-of-turbinado-sugar/

Significance

Healthy dieters may want to bear in mind that 99 percent of white sugar consists of nothing but calories. Any nutritional content it might once have had is destroyed during processing. If you substitute turbinado sugar for white sugar in your diet, you will gain nutritional benefits along with the pleasure of its sweet, caramel flavor.
Mike

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2185 on: February 05, 2018, 10:30:29 PM »
18Ē Super Bowl cheese pie.

A little bit too crisp but other than that it was nice.
Mike

Offline Little bean

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2186 on: February 06, 2018, 08:29:45 AM »
18Ē Super Bowl cheese pie.

A little bit too crisp but other than that it was nice.
that is a thing of beauty

wordpress