A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
General Pizza Making / Re: Hermit's Pizza Fare
« Last post by Hermit on Today at 08:26:28 PM »
Last dough from the batch, 6 1/2 days old.  6 day CF, 5h RT.  Dough was relaxed a bit more after reballing 48h before bake.  Dough gained a decent bit of rise from RT.  Dough was just as hard to stretch as all the others.  I got a low spot which ended up being ok as far as the bottom goes, no pale spots.  Pizza was topped with 8oz of Cento Organic SM heavily seasoned with less salt, 1oz of tillamook extra sharp white cheddar, 5oz of kirkland LMPS mozz, 3oz of provolone, a large fresh jalapeno sliced, hormel slices, and 0.5oz of reggiano.

The pizza was baked on a screen in 500F oven 3rd rack from the bottom for 7m.  I could have let it go on but I think I was just on the edge of char so this was damn near perfect for my preference.

Pizza crust flavor was probably the best I've ever tasted.  DMP + CF + Honey is a real winner and highly recommended for folks interested.  6-day is extremely complex, slightly sweet, malty but deep fermented dough flavored.  The flavors all complimented each other so much, this is my new benchmark for superior flavor.

The reball crispness was still there, and the texture crumb you get through the length of the slice, a lot more oven spring under the toppings compared to a dough I manage with a lot less effort (i.e. mix>ball>CF>RT>bake)

I think my next move at this point is going to try some frozen dough with this formula.  I have no idea where to start so I am thinking about revisiting the mellow mushroom clone thread and see what Peter had done with his frozen dough experiments.

New York Style / Re: How much dough should be used
« Last post by bregent on Today at 08:14:23 PM »
You could also use my handy website to create your formula, it does thickness factor as well :D

/endshamelessplug

Cool. Last time I used it there was no TF option. Nice update!
New York Style / Re: How much dough should be used
« Last post by chasenpse on Today at 08:08:35 PM »
You could also use my handy website to create your formula, it does thickness factor as well :D

/endshamelessplug
Pizza Toppings / Re: Calabrian chili oil - how I make it.
« Last post by Jon in Albany on Today at 08:06:37 PM »
These are my pepper seedlings. Still awhile before there's any fruit. I'm hoping I don't kill them. No promises.
Hearth Ovens / Re: Advice Needed - Double Walled Brick WFO
« Last post by ggsipaper on Today at 08:05:47 PM »
OK, I had a chance to layout some bricks and I am thinking something like this.  The first photo is an overall view while the second shows the same view with some additional bricks that I might line along the bottom to give it a false dome angle as I apply the perlcrete and stucco.  The third picture is from above showing the main oven and chimney with and opening measuring  4"X16" at the doorway.  I will make that taller.  The last is the front view of the doorway which looks misshapen due to brick overhang since I need to cut some brick in half.  This works out to a door height of about 8", ceiling height of 11", and square interior measuring 24" square. 

Is a 24" internal dimension sufficient?  That looks like what you may have Pete.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome from all.  I am not looking perfection or a work of art but something workable at a reasonable price and effort.

New York Style / Re: My first attempt at NY style Pizza
« Last post by chasenpse on Today at 08:05:11 PM »
Just curious, why did you use caputo blue flour? It makes more sense if you're doing a neapolitan pie but isn't really required with NY style. Criticism aside that's a solid pie, nice job shaping your skin.
Newbie Topics / Re: Newbie here! Getting into a groove, finally!
« Last post by hodgey1 on Today at 07:35:31 PM »
Looks great  :drool:
Hearth Ovens / Re: Gustavsen wood grill (ved grill)
« Last post by mrmojo1 on Today at 07:30:09 PM »
Willard!  always love seeing your creations!  I am in awe of your fabulous engineering skills and craftsmanship!!  damn!! I love it!!  i have a GG savings account, i am saving up!!!
Shop Talk / Re: Dough for cooking on screens in convection?
« Last post by djenks on Today at 07:08:03 PM »
Here is the chart you can use to scale it up: https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=39674.0

Awesome, thank you!!
Shop Talk / Re: Dough for cooking on screens in convection?
« Last post by HBolte on Today at 06:59:53 PM »
Here is the chart you can use to scale it up: https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=39674.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

A D V E R T I S E M E N T