A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Cooked vs Uncooked pizza sauce....  (Read 153385 times)

Offline QwertyJuan

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Cooked vs Uncooked pizza sauce....
« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2017, 02:10:14 AM »
FWIW, I read this entire thread the other night and HAD to try this "sacred" Red November sauce. After him ploughing over everyone in his path with his knowledge and skills in this thread, I figured it HAD to be the best sauce in the world.

Boy, was I wrong. I made a batch and let my employees try it. Every one of them said that our current sauce was better.

Just a little FWIW for those reading this thread and expecting this sauce to be amazing. It's not. It's merely good and that's it.

Offline bigMoose

• Kneading is Happiness!
« Reply #261 on: November 05, 2017, 07:56:51 AM »
Juan, with your comparison with Red Novembers #2... are you willing to share your sauce so we can give it a try then?
All the best, Dave

Offline PapaLous

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #262 on: November 23, 2017, 02:40:14 PM »
I'm not sure he claimed it to be the best sauce in the world. He just made the point that the process is very effective for getting the most out of your spices, quickly, easily, and without cooking the sauce. You could just use the process on your recipe.

It is a ~very~ well balanced sauce, and he understands what those spices are used for and the interaction between their flavours quite well. I really like it, but of course it can be tweaked however you wish.

To make it easier, get a package of poppadoms and line your microwave turntable with them so that most of the surface is covered. If you want to get crazy, cut them so they cover the entire turntable with no overlap (they are round), but you don't need to do that. Start the microwave, and WATCH them go around. You'll see where the hotspots in your microwave are because that is where you will see the poppadoms bubble up and cook. Most people think that the best place for food is in the center of the turntable, when in fact that simply may not be true for your microwave.

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2017, 09:48:25 AM »
FWIW, I read this entire thread the other night and HAD to try this "sacred" Red November sauce. After him ploughing over everyone in his path with his knowledge and skills in this thread, I figured it HAD to be the best sauce in the world.

Boy, was I wrong. I made a batch and let my employees try it. Every one of them said that our current sauce was better.

Just a little FWIW for those reading this thread and expecting this sauce to be amazing. It's not. It's merely good and that's it.

Just curious if you tried it on baked pizzas. 
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T