A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Get well soon Norma.  (Read 6382 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Get well soon Norma.
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2017, 06:51:25 PM »
Glacial milk liquid vitamins is a great one.  https://www.glacialmilk.net/

Thanks Chau for telling me that Glacial milk liquid vitamins is a great one.  I will look into getting some.

I guess I learned the hard way yesterday not to eat what I shouldn't.  Was invited to my first husbands sisters 70th birthday party.  They had so many good foods there I couldn't resist.  I had roast beef with gravy,  bbq hamburg, macaroni salad, Greek grape leaves and Avgolemono.  I didn't eat the chips or other junk foods.  Then onto the peanut butter and chocolate cake.  I paid for that during the night, and even today.  At least I got to go shopping some today and to see my mother.

Norma

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2017, 01:06:41 AM »
Dayum.....how did I miss all this!!! I feel like such a turd (pun intended :P)!!! I'm so sorry Norma. I've been thru 2 colon resections, both in 5 weeks and spent a total of 6 weeks in the hospital, so I know first hand what your going thru! Praying.madly for you! I'll send you a PM tomorrow. Geez, the last I remember is you were going in for a scope.......you get better!!!!!

Love and Prayers
jon
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2017, 03:26:05 AM »
Dayum.....how did I miss all this!!! I feel like such a turd (pun intended :P)!!! I'm so sorry Norma. I've been thru 2 colon resections, both in 5 weeks and spent a total of 6 weeks in the hospital, so I know first hand what your going thru! Praying.madly for you! I'll send you a PM tomorrow. Geez, the last I remember is you were going in for a scope.......you get better!!!!!

Love and Prayers
jon

Jon,

OMG what happened that you had to go through 2 colon resections, and having to spend a total of 6 weeks in the hospital?  :o It sounds like you were drug though the mill.  :(

Thanks for your prayers.  Yes, send me a PM to help me understand more what to do and what can happen.  I wasn't advised enough before leaving the hospital on what to expect in terms of healing.

Norma

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2017, 09:24:21 PM »
I want to say, I talked to Norma for about an hour late this afternoon and if she wasn't already my pizza hero she is certainly much more than that now! To say what an interesting, pleasant person doesn't even crack the shell. I could have easily talked with her for several more hours or days!!! I told her she is THE "Eveready Energizer Bunny" that we ALL look up to. Remember, she only does her pies on market days once a week or so, but it takes her FOUR days to get ready for that! She is incredibly interesting and speaking for myself, very proud to call her my friend. Anyone who thinks they are tough, you still have to look UP and see your 'better', her name is Norma. Hugs and kisses sent to you Norma!!!! :)

Stay well little girl and take care of yourself.......
jon
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2017, 05:50:32 AM »
I want to say, I talked to Norma for about an hour late this afternoon and if she wasn't already my pizza hero she is certainly much more than that now! To say what an interesting, pleasant person doesn't even crack the shell. I could have easily talked with her for several more hours or days!!! I told her she is THE "Eveready Energizer Bunny" that we ALL look up to. Remember, she only does her pies on market days once a week or so, but it takes her FOUR days to get ready for that! She is incredibly interesting and speaking for myself, very proud to call her my friend. Anyone who thinks they are tough, you still have to look UP and see your 'better', her name is Norma. Hugs and kisses sent to you Norma!!!! :)

Stay well little girl and take care of yourself.......
jon

Jon,

Thanks so much for talking with me yesterday!  With all of your medical knowledge and tips, I felt a lot better after your advise and expertise.  You are a very pleasant person and very entertaining.  I could have talked to you for a long while.  I also loved to hear about your passion for cooking and making pizzas.  ;D

I might have been somewhat of an “Eveready Energizer Bunny” at some past point in time, but lost that in the last year or so. 

So sorry to hear what all you had to go though with your bowel operations.  :( You are a much better trouper than I ever could be.  While visiting the doctor yesterday and him checking to see if there is an infection in the incision he kept poking around where it was a brighter pink and swollen.  He asked if I am ready to grab his hands and make him stop poking around.  I said yes, if he pokes around anymore I will grab his hands.  Got some antibiotics and will see on Thursday what the surgeon has to say.  The doctor said yesterday the surgeon might open the incision a little if it still doesn't look right.  Sure hope the incision clears up till then.  The surgeon had to open the incision some in the hospital and that wasn't a pleasant experience.  I am not good with things hurting.

Thanks for being my friend!  :)

Norma

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress