A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Anyone have a good sauce recipe?  (Read 1029 times)

Offline stamina888

• I Love Pizza!
Anyone have a good sauce recipe?
« on: June 17, 2017, 07:19:15 PM »

This recipe I made opts for very light flavoring to complement the tomato rather than overpower it.

12 oz. blended San Marzano's peeled tomatoes
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 minced garlic
1/2 tsp honey
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp dry oregano

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
Re: Anyone have a good sauce recipe?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 10:05:48 PM »
Sauce:
Fresh, garden ripe tomatoes sliced thin (about 3/16-inch) placed on towels to remove excess moisture, place fresh basil and sliced fresh garlic on the dough skin, apply tomatoes to cover about 75% of the top of the skin (no need for 100% coverage like a sauce), dress the pizza to the order. Can't get fresh, ripe tomatoes? Try Stanislaus 74/40 Tomato Filets (drain for 20-minutes, then use as is. Wonderful fresh tomato flavor and great texture. You get a burst of tomato flavor with each bite.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline ashneil

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 11:15:41 AM »
Sauce:
Fresh, garden ripe tomatoes sliced thin (about 3/16-inch) placed on towels to remove excess moisture, place fresh basil and sliced fresh garlic on the dough skin, apply tomatoes to cover about 75% of the top of the skin (no need for 100% coverage like a sauce), dress the pizza to the order. Can't get fresh, ripe tomatoes? Try Stanislaus 74/40 Tomato Filets (drain for 20-minutes, then use as is. Wonderful fresh tomato flavor and great texture. You get a burst of tomato flavor with each bite.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

So I don't think I can get a hold of fresh tomatoes or the fillets...but I can get some diced/crushed tomatoes at the store (sadly no whole ones..3rd world countries suck). Is there another recepie you'd recommend that can come close?

Offline mgcain12

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 02:23:03 PM »
Look up Red November's Sauce #2 here on the forum... :drool:

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress