A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: new pizzeria advice  (Read 492 times)

Offline deepak bhojraj

• I Love Pizza!
new pizzeria advice
« on: November 10, 2017, 08:40:51 AM »
hi I am starting a new pizzeria in Ooty-a hill station south India, want to serve Neopolitan style pizza, wanted to go in for a wood-fired clay oven, and then we understand wood-fired ovens require a good pizza good experienced chef, maintenance, we have decided to go for a gas/electric ovens that can make a pizza close to a wood-fired ovens. I need to advise on the ovens, other supportive machinery and accessories that is best to make a good no compromise Neopolitan style pizza.

cheers
deepak

Offline deepak bhojraj

• I Love Pizza!
Re: new pizzeria advice
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 08:46:49 AM »
please tell me the do and dont are for a  pizzeria. I am keen on learning from experience you have gained .

thank you in advance

cheers
deepak bhojraj

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 10:11:04 AM »
Are you planning to include DELCO (delivery and carry-out) in your store concept? What kind of pizzas do your customers (anticipated customers) like, crispy, chewy, etc.? How many pizzas will you need to make to break even (estimate)? What we really need to know is what your store concept is, and if possible what kind of space will you have available (approximately), or will you be building a new structure from the ground up? With this information there are plenty of us here who can help you fill in the blank spaces.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline deepak bhojraj

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 10:20:55 AM »
carry out yes, delivery not for the start, I don't know about the customers like here as I am new to this market, but dominos is doing very well here. the break-even and costs I don't know, the reason I am here, we are a cafe with pizza being the main attraction, we will be serving burgers, sandwiches, coffee.... we are going to renovate an existing old building, we will   have a seating capacity of 23-30 and then extend as required to about 50 max .

cheers
deepak bhojraj

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 12:28:31 PM »
Stone hearth ovens as you are considering may not be your best option where carry-out is involved as the pizzas notoriously do not hold-up all that well when stuffed into a box. The air impingement ovens such as what Domino's used are much better suited to a DELCO application.
You really need to be talking to people to find out what they like as far as pizza is concerned, if you want to make something like a Domino's I'd suggest going with a conventional deck oven, if appearance is important to you they are available with a brick facade making them look a lot like a wood fired oven, or if this option is not available to you I'm betting that with a little ingenuity you can construct your own brick or tile facade to get the look you want. Just in case you're wondering...Domino's got their start using deck ovens.
Tom Lehmann/the Dough Doctor

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 08:34:50 PM »
I've never seen a conveyor oven crank out a Neapolitan.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 09:15:52 PM »
When properly set-up they will do a pretty decent Neo style pizza. The problem is that most operators using air impingement ovens are only interested in making "pizza", not a specific style, their only distinction is in the level of crispiness and thickness. You would be amazed at how few operators actually have a working concept of air impingement baking. That's one of the things that allows me to "keep the lights on".

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 09:22:00 PM »
I've never seen a conveyor oven crank out a Neapolitan.
Jonas,

Fred Mortati, of Orlando Foods, the importer of the Caputo flours, once told me that he received inquiries from quite a few people wanting to try to use doughs made using the Caputo 00 flour in conveyor ovens. They were also looking for dough recipes. If you do an Advanced forum search using my User name (Pete-zza) and the search terms Caputo, conveyor oven and Peter, you will find several of my posts where I discussed this matter. However, the above said, I am not aware of anyone using 00 dough to make Neapolitan style pizzas in conveyor ovens. One might touch base with Fred since he would surely know if anyone is making Neapolitan style pizzas in conveyor ovens using Caputo flours.

Peter

Offline deepak bhojraj

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 01:08:27 AM »
what about the oven like pizza master earth sone ovens? can they make a good neo-style pizza ?

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 12:15:32 PM »
All of the EarthStone ovens that I've had the opportunity to work with were great baking ovens. If you plan to use this type of an oven you might want to develop the habit of "doming" all of your pizzas for a few seconds just before removing them from the oven. The reason for this is to help dry off the top of the pizza which will be a critical aspect of having a decent carry-out pizza.

wordpress