A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Keeping pizza's warm  (Read 271 times)

Offline dannyc15

• I Love Pizza!
Keeping pizza's warm
« on: November 19, 2017, 06:19:30 PM »
hi. quick question for all you owners out there. after the pizza is boxed and ready for delivery does anyone put the boxes on top of the heated oven to keep it warm? if so is there any type of insulation between the oven and the box anyone uses? I've seen people use cardboard on top of the ovens then the boxes on top so it would keep it warm but not hot enough to cook it.  isn't the cardboard a fire hazard? what do you owners use?
thanks

Offline Loarina Vega

• I Love Fried Dough Pizza
Re: Keeping pizza's warm
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 04:39:19 AM »
Its Not A Problume... it Is Safe ..and to Keep warm.This Pic Is Paper bags with Philly Cheese Steaks ,Burgers, Fries, Ect... This Is waiting for the delivery driver sometimes they're on top there for 35 minutes a little bit more sometimes .....all of the phone calls that are taken the customers are told 45 minutes to an hour for delivery this pic is just bags but sometimes there's pizza boxes under each bag that stay there for about 15. Minutes.... we deliver till 4 a.m. friday-saturday on weekdays till 2:30 a.m. and the drivers are out till 3 3:15 a.m. in the city York City the phones are ringing off the hook sometimes the drivers do 16 to 28.  deliveries per shift ..depending on slow nights on one driver or two drivers working on a shift
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 04:42:24 AM by Loarina Vega »

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
Re: Keeping pizza's warm
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 10:31:08 AM »
It's either the top of the oven or a heated/warming shelf. I've never seen anyone putting anything between the box and the top of the oven. If it's hot enough to cook the pizza or cause the box/bag to burn you might need to look into a new oven or oven insulation.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress