A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Ha, unfortunately they didn't make this junior guitar back then. I played an Ibanez and added the EMG pickups that Kirk uses.
Your brother Kirk is Metallica's lead guitarist...?
Neapolitan Style / Re: Tonights pies in my Il Fornin
« Last post by Icelandr on Today at 12:23:46 AM »
Good fun in the snow!
I'm not at all familiar with the oven but the pizza looks good! Stay close to the fire it looks cold there!
Food mill or an electric fruit/veggie strainer are your best bets.

On a side note, I just read an interesting analysis of Thoreau's, "Quiet Desperation" line...
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2017/03/20/really-avoid-living-life-quiet-desperation/

"Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English Way..." Closely related, a song and album I still love : "Time" from Dark Side of the Moon (R. Waters/Pink Floyd). "Eclipse" is another great tune from that same album. A sleeper.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&ei=r47YWOeeLeSCjwTur7qgBw&q=time+lyrics+roger+waters&oq=time+lyrics+roger&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.1.0.0i22i30k1j0i22i10i30k1.17944.23329.0.24592.16.16.0.0.0.0.556.3008.0j13j5-2.15.0....0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-serp..7.9.2187...0j35i39k1j0i20k1.sLVR4zxiEq8
Shop Talk / Finding eager Employees
« Last post by carnut on Yesterday at 11:39:47 PM »
I've had my pizzeria for over 30 years.Busier then ever.The problem I'm having is finding employees that want more then just a job but a career at a pizzeria.It seems nobody wants to do this for a living anymore.I'm getting up in my age & my hope was to turn my place over to someone some day.It's hard enough to find employees as it is.But to find someone that has the passion to learn the business is nonexistent.I built a mobile truck that I'm getting ready to sell after only using 5 times because I can't find anyone willing to learn how to run it.How are you old timers fairing.What are your plans for the long haul.
General Pizza Making / Re: Capt. B's pizza journey.......
« Last post by Jersey Pie Boy on Yesterday at 11:25:55 PM »
Kinda doesn't matter which workflow you use, Bob. They look great no matter what! Looks like a lot of Nduja in the tube and a little on the pie...did you portion and freeze the rest?
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Going to cook the flat part of a brisket
« Last post by bregent on Yesterday at 11:22:51 PM »
I agree with Bill, sous vide or pressure cooker are both great methods. But if you have neither available, I would braise it on the stove top or in the oven. I use trimmed brisket flats all the time for pot roast - season with salt, pepper and garlic and brown in hot oil - then add a small amount of add tomato sauce and water and simmer low for a few hours till mostly tender. Let it cool a bit, slice and then put back in the pot to finish. Thicken the gravy with some flour or starch.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Today's Bread
« Last post by Jersey Pie Boy on Yesterday at 11:17:41 PM »
Nice!
« Last post by Bill/SFNM on Yesterday at 10:42:19 PM »
When not cooking brisket in the smoker, my preference:

1. Sous vide
2. Pressure cooker

Breaking down ALL the tough connective tissue without drying it out is the challenge. 
« Last post by nick57 on Yesterday at 10:21:55 PM »
  Also, a lot of recipes say 40 minutes per pound. The brisket is 4lbs, so that would be 160 minutes or 2 hours and 40 minutes. That seems pretty quick. From what I have read, the temp of the brisket should be around 195 degrees for at least an hour. There seems to be dozens of ways to do a brisket in the oven. I am looking for the flavor and texture you would get by smoking low and slow in a smoker. I am not necessarily looking for the smokey flavor, just the tenderness and texture of the meat.
Hearth Ovens / Re: Gustavsen wood grill (ved grill)
« Last post by foreplease on Yesterday at 10:04:18 PM »
This thread has been open in a window on my iPad now for about 10 days. I'm up to page 20 of 31. It blows me away that I have lived about 15 miles from you, Willard, all of my life -- and worked in Berrien Springs 75-80 days last year -- but this forum is where I learned about you and your most interesting grill.

You did a heck of a job developing it. It says a lot that so many serious people here have become interested, bought, and used it extensively. I am going to finish reading this thread and Chau's one about non-NP. I expect to be working in Berrien again 40-50 days this year. At some point you are probably going to hear from me!

I'm not familiar with the world class antique shop Craig mentioned but I'm a fan of Daybreak Cafe and like to eat there when my workday there spans the lunch hour. I know it use to be called something else until recently but don't remember what.

My brother has built a couple WFO's but is not a fan of high temperature pizza or grilling. He uses his more like a BBQ, I guess. He travels a lot. Someday I'm going to go over there when he is away and crank it up to 900-1000 degrees and have my way with it.  ;D

I have really enjoyed reading about this invention of yours!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

A D V E R T I S E M E N T