A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
General Pizza Making / Re: The best way to go about Thin Crust?
« Last post by Loarina Vega on Today at 04:00:35 AM »
The pizza place I currently work at does not have a dough sheeter we press it out spin it a little with cornmeal and then open up the skins very thin also....the last pizza place I worked in however had a dough sheeter it cut back on time probably in half cuz it was fed through two times quickly but we still had to stretch it out edging it to get it very thin.  Then Dock it with a Dough Docker Not having a dough sheeter is probably why I have pains in my knuckles and in my wrists he he.. ....the owner of a recently new pizza place put in in York PA called 83 Diner pizza place he was speculating on how he bought a dough press and it was money that he threw away because the dough press did not work out at all he was complaining about it was worthless... they are hand tossing and stretching it
Other Types / Re: Fried Dough
« Last post by Loarina Vega on Today at 03:50:06 AM »
We have a fryer made for frying funnel cakes, we prefer fried dough and it seems to sell better in our area.     I Bought A STAR. 650Ff gas it only fits three fried dough at a time ..... would you be interested in helping me on some tips on how you had yours made if you could private message me or email some details ....I'm out of York PA
Other Types / Re: Fried Dough
« Last post by Loarina Vega on Today at 03:29:36 AM »
I am currently in the process of starting my fried dough business Lori V's fried Delights I am aspiring outdoor concessionaire I have various things that I mix with the fried dough my best choices are some sort of a milk product would be powder dry milk or regular milk or dash of sour cream...i  use Diastic malt sometimes I have used a malt beverage called Malta from Goya products a dash of extra sugar works well I still keep a dash of extra sugar even for the savory fried dough pizza xcetera I have added garlic powder I add any salt  to the last process of mixing dough  cuz it would  destroy the yeast Rising process to the Savory Italian fried dough pizzas of course I keep the garlic away from the ones that I make with cinnamon sugar powdered sugar
Shop Talk / Purchasing and Accounting System?
« Last post by BillyCorgan on Today at 03:27:55 AM »
Right now we are using excel and I'm sure there is something out there much better. Besides quicken, I'm looking for something where we can easily see what we are purchasing, how much we purchase each month, and maybe even make payments.

I'm using this in China so I need something that probably isn't set up specifically to US banking or POS systems.

Matt
Shop Talk / Re: The Long Wait is Growing Short
« Last post by waltertore on Today at 12:40:54 AM »
We had another interesting week.  A young filmmaker approached us about doing a documentary - all spontaneous like I do my music and life in general.  Then another regular customer met with us to see if we wanted to do a documentary as well.  He is a film professor and he and I talk films whenever he is in for pizza. I had no idea he was veteran documentary filmmaker and has done 3 PBS documentaries, worked with  Lee Strasberg of the Actors Studio, and was close friends with Frank Sinatra Jr. .  He wants to set up a meeting with PBS to discuss our story.  He said if they go for it they fund it.  A professional documentary has been a long time dream of mine to show that one can run a profitable business including people with disabilities as employees.  I am excited to see how this all pans out.   Our pizzeria reminds me of playing music on the streets (my favorite place to play music) because you never know what will happen by the end of the day people and $ wise.  I dig the spontaneous adventure approach to life  :) Walter
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Today's Bread
« Last post by invertedisdead on Today at 12:07:56 AM »
That is a stumper since it has worked well before and seemingly nothing change. Maybe check oven temp empty with a thermometer?

Also on the list for next bake to check! My last oven would heat over 600 degrees on the 200 degree setting.
Hearth Ovens / Re: Finally, My WFO is Underway
« Last post by foreplease on Yesterday at 11:28:08 PM »
Did you have to get a building permit for it? I would here if I built something like that.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Bialys, Bagels and Other NY / Jewish Bakery Goods
« Last post by timgiuffi on Yesterday at 11:27:02 PM »
Really nice Mitch! I've never made them and was thinking of trying soon. Thanks for the shaping tips.
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Today's Bread
« Last post by foreplease on Yesterday at 11:14:42 PM »
That is a stumper since it has worked well before and seemingly nothing change. Maybe check oven temp empty with a thermometer?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

A D V E R T I S E M E N T