A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Neapolitan Style / Re: air pockets in my dough balls
« Last post by yarbrough462 on Today at 12:51:27 AM »
The problem is when I'm forming the balls, not when opening.  I'm getting a lot of air bubbles on the surface of the dough during the balling process.

Those pockets can be desireable.  I asked about opening technique because you mentioned the tearing and thin spots when pressing out.  Those can be caused but opening technique as well.
General Pizza Making / Re: Hermit's Pizza Fare
« Last post by Hermit on Today at 12:42:05 AM »
Made up some doughs this morning before the new mixer that surprised me.  Whipped up a couple small NY pies, 12", 3.5 oz NY style sauce, parmesan on sauce then 5oz diced frigo LMPS mozz and sliced boars head genoa salami and pepperoni.  Nanna peppers on one.  Both baked for 10m at 475F center rack on screen w/convection.
General Pizza Making / Re: Percentage help
« Last post by Jackitup on Today at 12:33:17 AM »
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Factors that affect Bread Ear formation
« Last post by vtsteve on Today at 12:22:57 AM »
Been testing out different variables and struggling to get ears.  Finally worked out a few kinks and got a decent one tonight.  Also very pleased with the crumb.

Sweet! What was the dough weight?
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Factors that affect Bread Ear formation
« Last post by Jackie Tran on Today at 12:20:56 AM »
Been testing out different variables and struggling to get ears.  Finally worked out a few kinks and got a decent one tonight.  Also very pleased with the crumb. 
General Pizza Making / Re: Percentage help
« Last post by mitchjg on Yesterday at 11:04:56 PM »
Can someone show me how to figure this please?  I want 275 gram dough balls, 62.5 HR using 2% culture.  How much flour and water do I need?

Are you familiar with this?

https://www.pizzamaking.com/preferment-calculator.html

You can type in the dough weight of 275, the hydration of 62.5 and the preferment of 2% (also tell it 50%/50% assuming tha is how you maintain your culture.).

Don't forget the salt.....
General Pizza Making / Percentage help
« Last post by THEBBQMAN on Yesterday at 10:58:05 PM »
Can someone show me how to figure this please?  I want 275 gram dough balls, 62.5 HR using 2% culture.  How much flour and water do I need?
I am interested in these ideas and your experiences, for sure. If there is something I'm doing wrong, I'd love to know it so I can stop doing that.

We lit the curing fires in the middle of the oven, removing all the ash daily. We moved the fire around toward the end of the curing, and water continued to come out of the oven for a couple days after the curing was finished.  There was a short period of time when the ash wasn't getting removed regularly, and it became clear that it was not a good idea and we have since practiced a daily removal of ash and debris.

We don't use any kind of starter other than paper and cardboard scraps.

Our fire currently gets lit in the middle of the oven, and we kind of slowly "bridge" the fire around the oven with the placement of wood pieces to ensure an even heat.

Our wood has mostly been oak and ash in our oven fires to date. It is usually cured well, but as we were searching for a proper wood provider, we had a cord or two of wood that was less than ideal from a dryness standpoint. We never measure the moisture content, so I don't have any specific numbers to give. 

Thanks for your thoughts! I want the best for my oven now and forever, so I'll take all the info and experience I can get!
Sorry to revive an old thread. Just wondering whats the status of your oven? I am getting ready to order a classico 5 for my restaurant.

On another note, i did ask Salvatore Acunto about replacing the biscotto if and when i need to. He sent me a video showing the peocess of replacing the floor and told me that then pieces of biscotto cost 900 euro.
Starters/Sponges / Re: Local Starter question seems very active
« Last post by pizzanapoletanacanada on Yesterday at 10:21:41 PM »
Awesome! Glad I asked before going ahead to use it too soon. I will continue feeding and see what happens.

Thanks for the replies and advice!
General Pizza Making / Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Last post by jsaras on Yesterday at 10:20:33 PM »
Las night's leftover Pizza  :drool:

I wish I could have seen it sooner
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
wordpress