A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Pizza Ovens / Re: What Size Pizza Party Oven
« Last post by Redman10 on Today at 12:15:28 PM »
Rookie question, just waiting for my Pizzone and checking out all the info. It looks like some are putting the fire at the back of the oven is this suggested or should the fire be along the side of the oven?
Shop Talk / Re: Learned something new today...
« Last post by invertedisdead on Today at 10:59:30 AM »
I guess that's one way to handle the dough management issues of a mobile WFO.
New York Style / Re: NY Style sauce discussion
« Last post by chrisgraff on Today at 10:52:21 AM »
I recently switched to cooking the sauce because the consistency is better - not so watery. My go to recipe is Marcella Hazan's marinara with half the butter. Really tasty!
Focaccia Style / Re: Matt's Pizza Bianca
« Last post by TXCraig1 on Today at 10:48:32 AM »
This is one of those threads where I can't help myself to keep coming back and staring at the pictures.
Very well done!
Just wanted to post an update. We've added Gas support for the original PizzaParty. (Some pics added)

So we use a 5kg gas tank, with a 40cm burner and a safety mechanism. Note that 40cm is slightly too short, and the burner does not reach the end of the oven. (You can see that in screenshot #4, also some of the flames are going above the inner metal sheet. Hope this is not a problem?)

Gas pressure can be adjusted really easily so we usually use high pressure when there's nothing in the oven (to keep the temperature) and then using a smaller flame when there's a Pizza inside, so the top doesn't burn out before the bottom is ready.

Overall it's a fantastic upgrade. It's not really practical to use a WFO in the city (lots of smoke). Also the oven can get to ~400C in about 25 minutes. So in comparison to working with wood for 2 hours until the oven is hot enough, this is just great. Still doing some experiments with the dough, though  :chef:

Shop Talk / Re: Learned something new today...
« Last post by mgcain12 on Today at 10:25:40 AM »
No, my post was innacurate, he does put in yeast, but he doesn't really allow any extra fermentation time.  He puts in it a fridge on the way to the gig and whatever fermentation happens naturally occurs in his prep time.  There is some, but not enough in my estimation.  But hey, he's a pro and I'm a newbie, so what do I know?
General Pizza Making / Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Last post by Yeller on Today at 10:08:47 AM »
DKM's Cracker on Blackstone -No Cutter -
Focaccia Style / Re: Matt's Pizza Bianca
« Last post by hotsawce on Today at 10:07:11 AM »
Matt,

Unbelievable looking pizza Bianca. What is your bake setup?
Cracker Style / Re: cracker in a blackstone
« Last post by Yeller on Today at 10:04:10 AM »
My attempt with DKM's - No par bake no cutter pan no docking YEs forgot..too excited.. right onto stone. Lower stone was at 575 dwell time was about 4 min low gas then off with gas and let sit 2.5 min on stone. Turned out very crisp but a tad dry and I'm wondering if the oil+cutter would eliminate that..??
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

A D V E R T I S E M E N T