A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Another Effeuno P134H user  (Read 44142 times)

Offline Don Luigi

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Another Effeuno P134H user
« Reply #380 on: March 09, 2017, 05:19:17 PM »
Master of the caramel crust!
On a neapolitan pizza journey with Wood fired oven Pizza Party 70x70
My Pizza

Offline schold

« Reply #381 on: March 20, 2017, 05:14:28 PM »
Last dough ball was no doubt past its prime, but I had to have a Rosa. This pie just keeps getting better and better, and I find myself craving it. I think I first saw Don make it, so like him, I use mozzarella (fior di latte). I add said cheese, to which I have added a small amount of white pepper and smoked sea salt, then I add a decent amount of Parmigiano-Reggiano and thinly sliced red onions. After the pizza is out of the oven, I add crushed pistachios, a few chopped rosemarine leafs and lots of olive oil. I know Chris Bianco has said that if you chop the rosemarine, too much of the the essential oils are released which would then "f..k up" the pizza, but as long as you don't add to much, I believe this gives a better flavour balance.
Cooking is not a recipe, it's a philosophy - unless it's pastry, then it's chemistry.

- Marco Pierre White

Offline Don Luigi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #382 on: March 20, 2017, 06:44:21 PM »
Looks awesome, Schold! I make that Pie almost exactly the same way. Only small difference, I put the pizza out of the oven when it's almost done, put on the pistachios and then back into the oven (doming the pie) for another 10 or so seconds. This gives the pizza a little more pronounced pistachio aroma. Also I sometimes add pistachio oil (if at hand) post bake. But you surely love the sweet taste of the baked onions on your Pies, don't you?
On a neapolitan pizza journey with Wood fired oven Pizza Party 70x70
My Pizza

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #383 on: March 20, 2017, 06:57:32 PM »
Looks awesome, Schold! I make that Pie almost exactly the same way. Only small difference, I put the pizza out of the oven when it's almost done, put on the pistachios and then back into the oven (doming the pie) for another 10 or so seconds. This gives the pizza a little more pronounced pistachio aroma. Also I sometimes add pistachio oil (if at hand) post bake. But you surely love the sweet taste of the baked onions on your Pies, don't you?

Pie looks great.

I used to do the pistachios the same way then I figured out it was a lot simpler to toast them beforehand and apply them toasted after the bake.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Soulboy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #384 on: March 21, 2017, 08:35:23 AM »
I let mine soak in water and then add them from the start.
Effeuno p134h + raised biscotto + insulated door
Pizza Party 70x70 (stock)

Offline schold

« Reply #385 on: March 21, 2017, 04:11:57 PM »

I have thought about adding the crushed pistachios mid-bake, as the man Bianco himself does, but with my oven I really don't want to open the door during baking, as it has such a negative impact on the cooking time. Haha, yes, guilty as charged - I do love onions (and vegetables in general). My wife is a quasi-vegetarian, and thus I tend to make pies without meat. I think the next American topping combination I'll try is the so-called Greenpointer by Paulie Gee.

I used to do the pistachios the same way then I figured out it was a lot simpler to toast them beforehand and apply them toasted after the bake.

Cool, I'll try this.

I let mine soak in water and then add them from the start.

Thanks for chiming in, Soulboy. Malapropos, have you had the chance to visit LillaNapoli? If yes, what are your thoughts?
Cooking is not a recipe, it's a philosophy - unless it's pastry, then it's chemistry.

- Marco Pierre White

Offline Soulboy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #386 on: March 24, 2017, 04:27:08 PM »
Thanks!

Yes I have been to Lilla Napoli. And they do the best pizza I have ever eaten. And on top of that they are fantastic people. It was great eating there and meeting them. Actually I hope to go again this weekend.

Offline schold

« Reply #387 on: March 25, 2017, 12:40:25 PM »
That is nice to hear, Soulboy. I need to find the time to go there myself soon. I don't think anyone would mind if you did a review, shared your thoughts and provided lots of pictures  :D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 12:49:48 PM by schold »

- Marco Pierre White

Offline schold

« Reply #388 on: March 25, 2017, 12:42:23 PM »
Drug dealer scales, control tower and a Rosa. Pre-toasted pistachios this time. Damn it was good!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 12:45:09 PM by schold »

- Marco Pierre White

Offline schold

« Reply #389 on: March 25, 2017, 01:44:53 PM »
Crumb shot of the subsequent Schold pie.

- Marco Pierre White

Offline Sukillavaan

• Pizza addict
« Reply #390 on: March 25, 2017, 02:47:44 PM »
Awesome looking pizzas! I love the color and texture of the crust  :drool:

Offline Soulboy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #391 on: March 25, 2017, 04:31:08 PM »
Looking good!

Take the car down and pick me up on the way and we'll eat a lot of pizza.

Offline schold

« Reply #392 on: March 27, 2017, 03:09:56 PM »
Awesome looking pizzas! I love the color and texture of the crust  :drool:

Thank you very much. I enjoy following your thread!

Looking good!

Take the car down and pick me up on the way and we'll eat a lot of pizza.

That sounds like a plan! I'll send you a PM when I find the time to go.

- Marco Pierre White

Offline Wario

• Wario gonna get you!
« Reply #393 on: April 09, 2017, 12:25:31 PM »
Stunning looking pizza's! I've got to get me one of those ovens too. Have you used any mods?

Offline schold

« Reply #394 on: April 17, 2017, 08:23:58 AM »
Stunning looking pizza's! I've got to get me one of those ovens too. Have you used any mods?

Just a biscotto and some aluminium foil on the outside of the inner window.

- Marco Pierre White

Offline schold

« Reply #395 on: April 17, 2017, 08:25:06 AM »
Please forgive the terrible picture. I read about the cosacca pizza in fagilia's book and I agree that it's a very good and surprisingly different pie. The classical pizza is topped with basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano pre-bake, and then more Parmigiano-Reggiano and lots of extra-virgin olive oil after it's out of the oven.

- Marco Pierre White

wordpress