A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: MidiCi Neapolitan Pizza - Sherman Oaks, CA  (Read 6016 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: MidiCi Neapolitan Pizza - Sherman Oaks, CA
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2016, 10:06:46 PM »
course my recipe may be slightly different ?
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfire.net

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2016, 10:05:40 AM »
That looks like a giant Blackstone!
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2016, 01:20:04 AM »
Do the Marra rotating ovens top out at 120 second bakes? Any more pictures of pies coming out of those ovens from other users? I'd be interested in trying a pie from one of those ovens, but how do they control the deck reheat? Top vs bottom heat?

I'm sure they make a decent pie but there are some factors that only a skilled oven operator can master...unless Marra has ways to control those variables?

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2016, 07:52:58 PM »
So yes on Both,  Deck temperate is controlled with the  electronic touch screen as well as rotation speed. Ideally you want 1 full rotation and done,  How else can you keep track of whats what with the pizzas and when it went in? there are 2 burners and optional  infrared under turntable is also offered but not required.
Which Factors are you speaking of with the skilled oven operator? You place 10 Pizzas (yes 10 !) at a time in the model 130 and they all come out perfect in 90 seconds.We  are talking about quick serve here. These ovens are a different animal for sure, and made to mass produce without the skilled oven guy $ save $  bottom line as many are cheaper priced as well. Pics below shows  my woody where I do mostly 4 at a time or Rotator with 8 ( room for 2 More)  but I was waiting on the skilled stretcher ! I am decent with a peel after 8 years, and going full time, but I still have trouble with 10 !  :P
I am also  traditional WFO guy (with a touch of gas for pre heat on the trailer).

Keep on cookin!
John 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 07:59:09 PM by JConk007 »

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2016, 08:06:07 AM »
John, if you work for them now you should convince them to design a wood rotator.   I LOVE firing my pavesi rotator with wood.    These marra ovens look really great, though, and would get one for my next spot if only they made wood/gas.    Hope ur having fun down there in the beautiful warm weather!  Its starting to get way too cold up here.   

Ps.  I run mine with a very fast rotation and you can always tell which pizza went in first by the look of the pizza.   
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 08:09:23 AM by scott r »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2016, 11:32:11 PM »
Hey Scott !
They do make a rotator with wood ! ;D  I will send you the info don't want to Hijack this thread any more than I already have my bad :(  sorry
John

Offline jsaras

• Supporting Member
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2017, 12:10:38 AM »
Went to MidiCi tonight to celebrate National Pizza Month with a friend that has never had Neapolitan pizza before.  The pics are presented without comment.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.