A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Review: Alberto's Pizza - Washington, DC - http://www.albertospizzadc.com  (Read 165 times)

Offline PapaLous

• I Love Pizza!
After seeing the excellent PizzaGarage post on The Quonset (Waukegan, IL), I came across the below:

"IF YOU WANT CHICAGO STYLE PIZZA IN DC, YOU FOUND IT. Chicago style means the deep dish has a tall crust, and is assembled 'upside-down' with the sauce on top and the cheese on bottom. And the thin crust is cut into squares instead of the traditional wedge shape, just the way they do it in Chicago."[sic]

at Alberto's Pizza, and I thought it would be fun to order a couple of thins and review some Chicago thin, made here in DC.

Then I opened the boxes.

At first glance I knew there was nothing to review—it wasn't Chicago thin-crust pizza. Wedge/slice cut, pre-cooked "sausage" that was then kind of diced then scattered, and cheese seemingly intended to invite vigorous debate (Resolved: Deliberate Russian sabotage resulted in the equivalent of clicking the "No Cheese" radio button while ordering online.), was sufficient to discourage any real effort on my part. So, without further ado:

Alberto's in DC Chicago thin crust—it's pizza all right.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T