A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
General Pizza Making / Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Last post by norcoscia on Today at 08:54:39 AM »
Looks fantastic Norma - corn is 10 ears for one dollar here, so I might try one of those - nice work!!!!!
Hearth Ovens / Re: WFO made in Poland
« Last post by ImmortalJellyfish on Today at 08:29:25 AM »
Few more photos....
Hearth Ovens / Re: WFO made in Poland
« Last post by ImmortalJellyfish on Today at 08:26:52 AM »
Next step was to build square, ceramic chimney which is supported on two steel angles. Chimney is 20cm x 20cm. On the internet I found old bricks from demolition which look awesome. I have also bought 30mm thick ceramic blanket and 30mm thick insulation board which was not easy to install since I had already builded walls :) whole was covered with expanded clay http://www.leca.com/.

I didn't feel strong with building the roof that's why I got some help from Mr. Mietek :) He poured screws (Phi 10mm) into the concrete and on this screws we've placed big rafters. Then roof foil insulation and tiles.
Neapolitan Style / Re: Strada di Napoli
« Last post by wheelman on Today at 08:21:16 AM »
thanks guys!
We got the oven moved into the space yesterday.  that thing is heavy!  I remember when Craig moved his oven into the garage we were all coming up with ideas to put it in place.  We tried several different ways to move it, and they almost all didn't work.  finally coaxed it into position.  it faces the front door of the food hall.  We hope the flames will be inviting.  we have a few other pics on instagram @stradadinapoli
bill
Ask the Dough Doctor / Re: Bottom oven stone broke
« Last post by norma427 on Today at 07:18:41 AM »
https://5starequipment.com/

In the Chicago land area 5star is where people go for stones, they also sell on eBay with a 100% rating.  These are not OEM but people who have used them think they work well.

Personally, and it's just me, the cracks drive me nuts, especially with the little raised lip that creates issues sliding in and removing, plus cleanup scrapings go in the cracks.  I always think that somehow my pizza crust will suffer and won't cook right when over the crack...so I worry about it.  I'm stressed out enough.

PizzaGarage,

Thanks so much for telling me where people in Chicago land go to get their stones.

I already purchased a new stone from the link at Reply 17 https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=48976.msg492194#msg492194 and am waiting for it.

I am like you that the crack drives me nuts.  I did snag the metal peel on the crack different times, and had some problems turning pies.  I thought the peel ripped the bottom crust, but that didn't happen.  I didn't think about cleanup scrapings going into the crack.  Lol, about being stressed out enough.  That is me too.  There are enough problems with all of the pies going in and out of the oven decks and making sure they are okay.

Norma
Great pie!  What is your Grande mix?
Sicilian Style / Gratuitous year old photos
« Last post by Marshenko on Today at 04:04:52 AM »
With some cheese and AP flour my friends had lying around their house... 24 hour ferment, hour proof, their aluminum half sheet pan.

Also before pic of cinnamon rolls 'cuz why not?
General Pizza Making / Re: Hermit's Pizza Fare
« Last post by Hermit on Today at 12:06:42 AM »
American, again.  Family favorite crust, same re ipe as last few.  Same bake method.  8oz American sauce made from store brand WP tomatoes, dusting of reggiano, sausage,  3oz tillamook xtra sharp white cheddar, 4.5oz smoked provolone, 4.5oz LMWM mozz, pepperoni and jalapenos.  Wife was not expectin the jalapenos but said it was ok on pizza  :-D
General Pizza Making / Re: Hermit's Pizza Fare
« Last post by Hermit on Today at 12:02:36 AM »
Liking that cheesy little cruncher!

It was soon good, I wanna make a full size maybe even extra cheese.

bacon on pizza just seems wrong but you're starting to convince me otherwise. *love* the meatball/pepperoni bake!

Bacon is great with anything!  Thanks, that was a good bake for me =)
Hi Simone.

I live in Europe, but I want to set it up in South East Asia (I will tell you more exact location in PM).

So what is the problem with using regular charcoal? Does it get too hot? I guess there might be a problem with the oven needing more oxygen. In any case, I definitely do not want to use regular wood.

Anyway, these briquettes are made from coal that comes from 100% coconut husks. They are food grade and do not leave smoke  Not sure if they are 27 Joule per KG or if they are 27 MJ per Kilo. I get very confused by caloric measurements. In any case they hold less energy than regular coal.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress