A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza party Bollore awaiting custom clearance  (Read 535 times)

Offline dinuch

• I Love Pizza!
Pizza party Bollore awaiting custom clearance
« on: April 13, 2017, 10:42:13 PM »
Hello pizza enthusiasts. I've never participated in any online forum but my ongoing love affair with the simple yet sublime "Vera pizza Napolitana" acquired on a recent trip to Italy has drawn me to join with those who share this passion. A cursory glance at this forum is enough to reveal the wealth of information, comments, suggestions contained herein and I am fortunate to have found it indeed. Wanting desperately to try my hand at baking the best possible pies while remaining painfully conscious of budget restraints, my research culminated in the desire to purchase a pizza party Bollore. A myriad of reviews and pictures were quite enough to convince me. The only caveat: the oven ships from Italy and I'm in Canada. Quite a distance!
I began to worry as I immediately entertained thoughts of adverse issues (damage in transit, customs issues, etc) that may occur given the shipping distance. Nevertheless, on April 6 I took the plunge and ordered the oven. As mentioned on various posts, Simone from Pizza Party was great and would respond to my inquiries almost immediately.
I was encouraged to see that the oven had arrived in Ottawa, Canada by April 13 and was scheduled for delivery that same day. I marveled at the speed of shipment. Unfortunately, as I continued to track the package it appeared to be stuck at customs. A call to Fedex revealed that the shipment was being withheld at customs due to incomplete documentation.
I resolved to email Simone about the issue and was amazed when I received an immediate reply. What excellent service! Truly amazing! I was assured by Simone that he will look into the matter promptly. I await his word, and have accepted that I shall not be baking pizza over the Easter weekend.

In the meantime, have any other members here experienced customs clearance issues with their oven shipment? If so how was it resolved and what was the time frame?
I'm desperate to fire up the oven and start putting into practice all the great advice that I've gathered from this forum. I'm just hoping Simone will come through and this kind of issue is resolved favorably and quickly. Thanks to all.

Offline dinuch

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza party Bollore awaiting custom clearance
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 09:34:25 AM »
Update: Bollore arrived safe and sound.

Took possession of my new Bollore oven yesterday. It had delayed in customs just before the Easter holidays and I was worried that it would linger there and possibly be stalled, buried in red tape hell, even longer. Much to my delight, Simone from pizza party did take my concerns seriously by liaising with the customs and fedex people all the while keeping me informed of developments. No doubt Simone's efforts were paramount in speeding up the clearance process. The package was released and delivered the next day.
All contents were in excellent condition as everything was very well packaged.
I must say that the service and after-sales concern that Simone and the folks at Pizza Party demonstrate is exceptional. They were receptive to my concerns and responded immediately, offering follow up correspondence and ensuring that I was happy.
Given the size of the shipment and the distance traveled, one is preoccupied with various aspects that could go wrong, but the Pizza Party folks really take care of everything, ensuring that all goes smoothly.
Ultimately my Bollore arrived quickly, well packaged (on a crate) and without damages... And without any extra costs whatsoever.
I didn't try the oven out yet.. Will do so this weekend.
Grazie Simone. Excellent buying experience.

Offline kuhne

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza party Bollore awaiting custom clearance
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 10:09:06 AM »
Please pictures, videos if possible, temperatures, info, etc.! congratulations, cant wait to hear more