A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
New York Style / Re: NY Style: Rim Characteristics
« Last post by bregent on Today at 01:41:17 PM »
>We use to argue over who would get the rim bubble slices as kids. 

Ha. We did too Walter. Most pies had at least one or two.  Growing up in NY in the 60's and 70's virtually every pie I ate had bigger, puffier rims than today. I had friends that worked driving for Cremosa, a pizza ingredient distribution company, and I would ride with them and visit a lot of pizza joints in Queens and LI. I never saw flat rims.  Flat rims are fine if that's what you like, but to say they are not indicative of a true NY pizza is ridiculous.
Hearth Ovens / Re: Gustavsen wood grill (ved grill)
« Last post by Mash996 on Today at 01:02:01 PM »
Is there a website that has the grill available for purchase?

Just PM Willard over here and he’ll get back to you. He’s very responsive and prompt ( my own experience with him).
General Pizza Making / Re: Hermit's Pizza Fare
« Last post by rparker on Today at 12:59:36 PM »
Dang, Hermit! Your cheese rim looks picturesque.

You calzones got me trying to remember how we had them in Upstate NY in the early 80's. I was trying to remember if they were commonly oiled on top or not. If not, I think that doing so is a definite advancement in the craft. And I'm normally so old school. tsk tsk.

Roy
« Last post by jsaras on Today at 12:53:09 PM »
Is there a website that has the grill available for purchase?
General Pizza Making / Re: Inverted's Pie Barn
« Last post by rparker on Today at 12:53:06 PM »
Ryan, your latest couple rounds of pies look nice as always.

The white pie with garlic butter looks/sounds interesting.

That pre-bake shot a few days ago  - is that cheese done with one of those potato graters many have talked about? 

« Last post by Jackie Tran on Today at 12:28:06 PM »
Coolest Grill, wok, pizza making machine on the market.  Shrimp Pad Thai for dinner.
Pizza News / Re: Pizza Show on Viceland
« Last post by norma427 on Today at 10:24:47 AM »
I finally watched this episode tonight, Norma. Very nice. Interesting to learn a little more about Roots Market too - starting with its pronunciation that I assumed was something else.

What’s next?

Tony,

Nothing next.  Most people not from our area can not pronounce Root's.  Lancaster is also a challenge.   :-D

Always late to the party, but I did see the episode today. Better late than never I guess. You were wonderful Norma, you really do have a very genuine way about you. Very enjoyable show that is fun and informative to watch. Congrats to you.

Thanks mudman!  Many people at the Pizza and Pasta NE event wanted a photo taken with me from that show.   :-D  Others said they watched and enjoyed the part at market.  Kind of embarrassing.

I shed a tear when I saw Norma on the episode get her cup.  Not ashamed to say it!  It was touching to see someone, just like all of us here who came to learn pizza, at the top!

Hermit,

Yes, this forum is a great place to learn about pizza.   ;D  Talked to Frank Pinello at the Pizza and Pasta NE event.  He said that part of the episode at market got a lot of attention and said a lot of people liked it.

Norma

Focaccia Style / Re: Focaccia col Formaggio di Recco
« Last post by norma427 on Today at 10:11:56 AM »
This is a recipe of a friend of mine nickname "Eugenietto"

http://laconfraternitadellapizza.forumfree.it/?t=65722578

pizzarensen,

Thanks for the link to the recipe of your friend!

Norma
Focaccia Style / Re: Focaccia col Formaggio di Recco
« Last post by norma427 on Today at 10:09:35 AM »
This section has not seen much action...

Anyway, I have been using Camembert with great results for Focaccia di Recco, sometimes I make con Proscuitto - my son likes a bit of meat in it...like this: http://blog.giallozafferano.it/attimididolcezza/focaccia-recco-prosciutto/

synaesthesia,

Your link to photos of Focaccia di Recco with meat look delicious!

Norma
Pizza News / Re: Pizza Show on Viceland
« Last post by Hermit on Today at 09:58:46 AM »
I shed a tear when I saw Norma on the episode get her cup.  Not ashamed to say it!  It was touching to see someone, just like all of us here who came to learn pizza, at the top!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress