Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Essen1 on 13 Aug 2017
  • Matt Estes is an excellent craftsman when it comes to all things wood. He's in Fresno, CA and I saw his work first on Facebook,...it's absolutely astounding the items he has.

I ordered a custom-made cutter from him ($45). It's made from Walnut but he will match any request you have. He's also open to manufacturing personalized pizza peels with your name on it.

His e-mail info is:

Matt's Woodworking
    Matt Estes

[email protected]

Thought I'd share in case someone is interested. Tell your wives...makes a great x-mas present  ;D
  • #2 by The Dough Doctor on 13 Aug 2017
  • The only problem I see with it is that it's too pretty to use! :)
    Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor
  • #3 by Essen1 on 13 Aug 2017
  • The only problem I see with it is that it's too pretty to use! :)
    Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

It comes with a very durable finish. Looks great, though.
  • #4 by Essen1 on 16 Aug 2017
  • Well, I'm speechless!

I expected anything but this. This cutter is a serious piece of pizza equipment. 12.5" in overall lenght, 4" sharp blade, rock solid smooth handle and it's perfectly balanced. Nothing on this cutter looks or feels of cheap quality.

The cutter is a tad nose-heavy, which is perfect, and should cut through crusts like butter. Excellent craftsmanship and well worth the $45 + S&H.
  • #5 by jsaras on 16 Aug 2017
  • Ah nuts! Another kitchen gadget I gotta buy!
  • #6 by Rolls on 16 Aug 2017
  • Essen1,

Your pizzas are certainly worthy of such a fine tool. Enjoy it in good health.

Rolls
  • #7 by Satyen on 17 Aug 2017
  • That looks amazing!
  • #8 by Essen1 on 17 Aug 2017
  • Ah nuts! Another kitchen gadget I gotta buy!

Jonas,

The quality is amazing.
  • #9 by Essen1 on 18 Aug 2017
  • I forgot to mention that the blade unscrews for easy cleaning and to protect the wood from water.
  • #10 by schold on 22 Aug 2017
  • No damascus steel?
  • #11 by TXCraig1 on 22 Aug 2017
  • No damascus steel?

I was wondering the same thing, but it is the only pizza cutter I've seen with fullers on the blade.
  • #12 by bigMoose on 22 Aug 2017
  •  ;D $245 with a damascus blade... and a waiting list.  Great idea for a product.  I wonder where he gets the cutter head from?
  • #13 by TXCraig1 on 22 Aug 2017
  • ;D $245 with a damascus blade... and a waiting list.  Great idea for a product.  I wonder where he gets the cutter head from?

http://www.rockler.com/stainless-steel-pizza-cutter-turning-kit-chrome-finish
Pages:
Actions