A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Bakers Pride GP-61 -- or -- Whoever dies with the most pizza ovens wins!!!  (Read 4608 times)

Online mitchjg

• Supporting Member
Re: Bakers Pride GP-61 -- or -- Whoever dies with the most pizza ovens wins!!!
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2018, 10:05:15 AM »
Don't bring politics into this!  :-D

Hah, no politics intended - but definitely saw an opportunity for humor and banter with a friend  :-D

Besides, the right measure is not hands, but it includes heart, decency and civility - Norm has them all!  We need more like him in this forum.  :D

Norm: that work you did is amazing - it looks brand new!  Sure hope it performs for you!

I think you said the oven will be in the garage- who needs a car in the garage anyway - it will be out and about making deliveries all night.   :P

Mitch

“We hate math,” says 4 in 10 – a majority of Americans

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2018, 10:30:32 AM »
If I put my Ram 1500 crew cab in the garage I only have about 6 inches to walk by it so it lives in my driveway  :(

One bay of my garage is taken up by my other Precious (73 Bronco) - starting rebuilding it in 2005 - still not finished  :)

The other two bays are storage / project space - including pizza making in the winter here.  :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:06:07 AM by norcoscia »
Norm

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2018, 02:05:57 PM »
Oven finished ("My Precious" - said in the voice of Gollum, from Lord of the Rings). All parts to hook it up on order - going with a setup like the second photo but with a 72 inch blue hose. Gas cut in design finished - (third photo). Can't wait to cook a pie!!!!!

Norm,

You have done an outstanding job in restoring this little gem. Very, very cool!

You gotta be one happy camper. Now let's see those 24" NY-style pies!  ;D
Mike

“All styles of pizza are valid. I make the best I’m capable of; you should make the best you’re capable of. I don’t want to make somebody else’s pizza.” ~ Chris Bianco

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2018, 02:08:22 PM »
Thanks, Mike - assuming parts come in, shooting for light off next week  :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:
Norm

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2018, 02:09:10 PM »
Thanks, Mike - assuming parts come in, shooting for light off next week  :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:

Can't wait.
Mike

“All styles of pizza are valid. I make the best I’m capable of; you should make the best you’re capable of. I don’t want to make somebody else’s pizza.” ~ Chris Bianco

Offline invertedisdead

• Rest In Pizza
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2018, 02:01:19 PM »
Might have to borrow some of Norma's cheddar and throw down a 24" boardwalk pie!

Everything looks brand new, can't wait to see the pies that come out of that beauty!

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2018, 03:09:19 PM »
I need to make some kind of cheese calculator - not sure my 1-2-4 rule works in the extremes of deep space or on a pie 24 inches large - two places I have never gone :-)
Norm

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2018, 04:50:51 PM »
All went well, before and after on the plumbing, then, back of the oven with new piping, including two new fabricated brackets to help mitigate any stress from the lever action of the new extended pipes - finally - fire, fire, fire  :-D

Everything is working great - now on to the 5 hr break in for the new stones tomorrow.
Norm

Offline Dangerous Salumi

• Using our home grown culture to leaven our dough
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2018, 04:55:48 PM »
All went well, before and after on the plumbing, then, back of the oven with new piping, including two new fabricated brackets to help mitigate any stress from the lever action of the new extended pipes - finally - fire, fire, fire  :-D

Everything is working great - now on to the 5 hr break in for the new stones tomorrow.

Looks great but we ned more "Go" and less "Show".
Have a Dangerous day!

“They say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.”  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2018, 04:56:25 PM »
Your flex line is twisted.
Have a Dangerous day!

“They say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.”  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2018, 05:05:30 PM »
The new blue flex line isn't - not with those high end super swivels on both ends - the yellow (hot water) line went back in just the way it came out, no changes to that plumbing - and the house passed inspection - maybe it is just a bad angle in the photo.

PS. Slow and steady wins the race and also does not burn the house down  :-D
Norm

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2018, 05:32:59 PM »
The new blue flex line isn't - not with those high end super swivels on both ends - the yellow (hot water) line went back in just the way it came out, no changes to that plumbing - and the house passed inspection - maybe it is just a bad angle in the photo.

We didn’t see the chimney on this beauty speaking of burning the house down.
Have a Dangerous day!

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2018, 05:49:31 PM »

Yellow flex is the one I was speaking of
Have a Dangerous day!

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2018, 05:53:11 PM »
There are two different flue configurations recommend (and designed) by the manufacturer - this is the one I'm using. In any case, I have the gas company coming over tomorrow to inspect and adjust (free service) - if he poo-poos the setup the next post you will see here will start with - GP-61 for sale - very very clean...
Norm

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2018, 06:00:43 PM »
Is that a direct connection or is there an air gap? I know the Blodgett ovens require an air gap, just curious
-Jeff

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2018, 06:05:37 PM »
I'm not understanding your question, Jeff - air gap in the flue or are you talking about something else?

Sorry if I'm being dense -- I'm tired, my hands are covered in blue pipe thread sealant (that will not come off) and I missed lunch - my brain chassis may not be working too good right now  :-[
Norm

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2018, 06:41:05 PM »
There are two different flue configurations recommend (and designed) by the manufacturer - this is the one I'm using. In any case, I have the gas company coming over tomorrow to inspect and adjust (free service) - if he poo-poos the setup the next post you will see here will start with - GP-61 for sale - very very clean...

Don’t do that. You will be fine as long as you don’t go over your meters max flow if all of your appliances were on at the same time....and if you do THEY should install a new meter no charge.
Have a Dangerous day!

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2018, 06:46:45 PM »
Safety first - if it is not safe I want to fix it and make it safe - I want a pro to look at it, put a gas meter on all the new connections to test for leaks and they will also adjust the internal gas regulator (inside the GP-61) as part of the service - I was just kidding about selling it :-)
Norm

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2018, 06:58:30 PM »
Yup in the flue.  Looked it up, you do need one.  It's what they are calling a draft hood.  It's to make sure the flue doesn't pressurize the oven via stack effect.

I'm not understanding your question, Jeff - air gap in the flue or are you talking about something else?

Sorry if I'm being dense -- I'm tired, my hands are covered in blue pipe thread sealant (that will not come off) and I missed lunch - my brain chassis may not be working too good right now  :-[
-Jeff

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2018, 07:05:03 PM »
I think that is for a long flue that vents to the outside (Draft Hood)- I'm running the configuration on the right of the picture below, the flue can't pressurize - it opens into free space - there is no connection above the diverter (top left in the picture)....

Edit : Forgot to ask if you can point me to what you looked up and where - not my field so interested to know if I need to change anything...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 07:10:33 PM by norcoscia »
Norm

wordpress