A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Pizza News / Re: Smiling with Hope Pizza for sale
« Last post by waltertore on Today at 11:47:45 AM »
Walter,

Best of everything in selling your and Judy's pizzeria!  Have a great retirement!!

Norma

Thanks Norma!  We have learned a lot about retirement from you and are looking forward to it. Walter
Neapolitan Style / Re: Pizza Party on Gabriola Island
« Last post by Icelandr on Today at 11:39:49 AM »
You by now know I follow Lilla Napoli, the Swedish Pizza place, they have a dedication, and perhaps an attitude that strikes a chord . . . .
Prep Equipment / Re: BOSCH Universal Plus w/shredder/slicer accessory
« Last post by Quebert on Today at 10:55:52 AM »
It's not discontinued. It's an R1 level clearance item, which means it has been returned but is in near brandnew condition.

Have you used your slicer attachment to slice pepperoni?  I tried the small Bosch food processor attachment the other day for the 1st time
 with a stick of Dietz & Watson pepperoni and it was beyond worthless.  But yours is a totally different attachment so I'm wondering if I should continue to scour the internet every week until I find 1 in stock.
Shop Talk / Re: Supplies for at home Pop-Up
« Last post by deb415611 on Today at 10:51:32 AM »
I usually put a bin or something under the table that i'm using to prep for things that will go to the house to be washed - dirty dishes, dish towels, ingredient containers, etc. 
Home Ovens / Re: Pizza Party Oven Deals
« Last post by Simone on Today at 10:12:12 AM »
Code sent by facebook
congrats!  I hope it is huge success :)
Thanks, Walter. I've got at least a couple of sales already.
Pizza Ovens / Re: Pellet ovens - softwood VS hardwood pellets
« Last post by 02ebz06 on Today at 09:58:18 AM »
Though you'd hope that it's set up for a gasifying / secondary burn, you don't really want the products of the resins in your food.

I didn't see whether you are in the US or what region before i hit reply - as a pellet grill guy my advice is to check the dealer locator at bbqlumberjack.com to see if there is somewhere near you that sells Lumberjack bbq pellets and pick up a bag of their 100% oak. The 20lb bag is sold at $10 several places near me, and I've not seen it advertised higher than $13. And these are premium grade pellets - they are just a smaller operation without major distribution deals.

Also check craigslist / fb marketplace / etc -- there are a large number of pellet smoker enthusiasts who buy the stuff by the pallet and sell out of their own sheds.

I specifically don't recommend Traeger pellets. They are among the worst available.

Most other brands are fine.

I'm with you on Traeger being bad.  They use flavored oils.
I get Lumberjack by the pallet.  Last one was 1.2 tons. Split with my son and a friend.
Would be overkill for a pizza oven.
I have not seen Lumberjack locally, but Lowes sells Bear Mountain pellets and Walmart sells Pit Boss pellets.  I think Home Depot is even getting into pellet grill market.

Neapolitan Style / Re: Experiment: re-baking a Neapolitan Pizza
« Last post by Yael on Today at 09:56:40 AM »
When I have leftover pizza (yes it happens here... small family  :-D), I freeze it with the sauce, and then add cheese and bake it in my electric oven (must be around 3 minutes). The rim is hard and chewy. Maybe by arranging some things it could work (adding oil...), but my first goal is usually to enjoy the pizza evening, not the leftovers.
Shop Talk / Re: Supplies for at home Pop-Up
« Last post by Samson on Today at 09:44:30 AM »
yea this is just for fun, would be hard in a real setting with only one oven.
Pizza Ovens / Re: Qstove Qubestove Kickstarter
« Last post by JimmyBoyHill on Today at 09:43:49 AM »
Is there anything that anyone wants me to test for them on this? it's the 12" version I have and I can try and get some GIFS sorted of the oven as videos won't post right? Couldn't seem to get the GIF to work as it was still to large, unless I post a link to Giphy if allowed? I don't have a youtube account but do have tiktok so could send a link if needed.

I plan to make 4 or 5 pizzas this weekend so let me know if you have specifics and I'll try and get some images/videos to answer the questions.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
wordpress