A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Fontana Forni Oven and tools 40% off at Costco  (Read 1069 times)

Offline pizza-in

• I Love Pizza!
Fontana Forni Oven and tools 40% off at Costco
« on: April 02, 2022, 01:02:54 PM »
Hi All,

Not meaning to double post. I originally posted it in"Hearth Ovens " section. Realized it is more of a home oven and want all (who might b interested in this expensive of an oven) to have a chance to purchase. By specs and manual, it is the same as the Fontana Forni Margarita. Which sells other places for $3299 and the tool set is $249 elsewhere .

Fontana Forni Mario Pizza Oven and Trolly $$1999
https://www.costco.com/fontana-forni-mario-pizza-oven-and-trolly.product.100846208.html

And

Fontana Forni Pizza Accessories Kit $169 (wondering if peal, at 144 x 15 would be too big for this small oven)
https://www.costco.com/fontana-forni-pizza-accessories-kit.product.100846210.html

Costco calls this a " Special Event" and defines "Special Event as: "Exciting Products for a Limited Time"

PLUS you get the famous Costco Return Policy.

Mods, please lock or delete (as appropriate) the thread I created in "Hearth Oven" Section.

IMHO, a far ways from being inexpensive. However, if one of these was on your radar, it seems like a good price with Costco's legendary return policy and customer service.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 01:22:18 PM by pizza-in »

Offline Pandasbecats

• Peepers Neapolitan: 2021-Present
Re: Fontana Forni Oven and tools 40% off at Costco
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 01:10:22 AM »
Looks like a very great deal actually. A lot of insulation and nice thick steel. Am wondering where they needed to cut down compared to the $3k Margherita model.

Would argue a better deal than even the dual fuel Dome. No gas option but much much better build quality. Not enough floor space for my use though

Pizza Party Pizzone
Pizza Party Red 70x70
Pizza Party Ardore
American Metalcraft wood peel
GI Metal Azzurra 8" turning peel

Offline pizza-in

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 12:42:10 PM »
Chatting with the folks at Fontana, there are differences between the Costco offered Mario and the Margaritta. Recalling from my conversation, this is generally the differrences:
1) Put together with self tapping galvanized screws vice stainelss
2) Damper is galvanized vice stainelss steel
3) No 5mm Corten steel panel. Instead the oven is all stone floor
4) No ability to upgrade to Saputo Stones.

Has the same strucure/guts/exterior as the Margaretti.

The gent I was chatting with was not being critical of the Mario. Said it is a great oven. However, to meet Costco's price point, they had to make some changes.

Makes Sense.

Offline pizza-in

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 11:50:27 AM »
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 11:55:43 AM by pizza-in »

Offline Lucantis

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 07:33:03 AM »
I just renewed my membership and saw this online, I noticed that it says that the oven only gets to 700 degrees.I tried to research but I failed to find anybody trying to cook Neapolitan style.
A big selling point for me is the complete package and cart.

This one might be better.
https://www.costco.com/forno-venetzia-pronto-outdoor-wood-burning-pizza-oven.product.100645739.html

It's been awhile, can you really return the pizza oven at anytime by just calling them to scheduling a pickup?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 07:56:28 AM by Lucantis »

Offline billg

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 03:23:43 PM »
I just renewed my membership and saw this online, I noticed that it says that the oven only gets to 700 degrees.I tried to research but I failed to find anybody trying to cook Neapolitan style.
A big selling point for me is the complete package and cart.

This one might be better.
https://www.costco.com/forno-venetzia-pronto-outdoor-wood-burning-pizza-oven.product.100645739.html

It's been awhile, can you really return the pizza oven at anytime by just calling them to scheduling a pickup?

The Fontana Forni will definitely get hotter than 700F.  I wouldn't try to cook any pizza above 750F on the floor though.  The stock stones are too conductive for true Neapolitan bakes unless you buy the version with the Saputo Floor or switch the floor to the whitacre greer mini splits (low duty) firebrick.  The whitacre greer are a huge improvement over the stock floor and can be purchased for less than 50 bucks.  It's not as good as the Saputo for true Neapolitan bakes but 75-90 seconds is doable.

wordpress