A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Help me decide which oven  (Read 578 times)

Offline bnew17

Help me decide which oven
« on: May 10, 2022, 01:45:37 PM »
I mentioned in a previous post, my wife got me a Cuisinart pizza oven this past weekend. I have never had a pizza oven before, but I was really excited about it because I love pizza and I love cooking. I have cooked a few pizzas and I am not all that impressed with the oven. After getting the oven and pouring through page after page on here, I have learned that the oven needs to get much much hotter than what my Cuisinart can do (550 max). I have spoken with the store and they will accept it and refund my money. I am considering purchasing an Ooni Koda 16Ē gas. I am primarily interested in Neapolitan pizza. Those of you with this oven please let me know how you like it and if you think it will be good for what I want. It says it reaches 950 deg F.

Offline pizza-in

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Help me decide which oven
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 07:48:18 AM »
A thought is to go inexpensive for your first oven. After you use it a while, you will probably have a good idea of the right oven for you.

Check out the oven (and videos noting temps and results) in reply 9 thru 13 of this thread. IMO, not too bad for $350.

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=73954.0

Offline lukedeux

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 06:43:15 PM »
I have a Koda 16 and it is absolute beast. The L-shaped burner is great but takes a bit of getting used to. Once you get a feel for the bake, it is consistent and great quality. Iíve had mine since it was released in 2020 and it still works like a dream.

If you know you want larger pizzas and gas only, itís a great pick. If you want try other options (wood or coal) Iíd suggest the Ooni Karu, they have a  12 and 16 inch model.

You could start with a cheaper brand/model but, if youíre truly interested in getting into pizza, I would always advocate for supporting the brands that make quality products that youíll be using for years to come.

Good luck and looking forward to hearing what you went with!
Luke HL

Online mosabrina

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 11:54:01 PM »
A thought is to go inexpensive for your first oven. After you use it a while, you will probably have a good idea of the right oven for you.

Check out the oven (and videos noting temps and results) in reply 9 thru 13 of this thread. IMO, not too bad for $350.

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=73954.0

Koda 16 has been on sale multiple times for a similar price. Williams-sonoma accidentally priced it 50% off at $299 and costco had it listed a couple days before memorial day sale for $399. WHen they get more in stock the price will hopefully be this low again. When koda 16 first came out it was during start of covid and important personell got a 30% discount. I think the price of the oven back then was $500 so the discount would have brought it in a similar price range.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 10:51:09 PM by mosabrina »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress