A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Storage or table for portable gas pizza oven  (Read 401 times)

Offline pizzapuppet

• Mmmm…. Pizza
Storage or table for portable gas pizza oven
« on: June 13, 2022, 02:26:59 PM »
Greetings,

I am in the process of researching and purchasing my first gas powered portable pizza oven (Ooni or Roccbox). When using your pizza oven what type of surface or surface material do you put it on? Do you have a table or cart you really like? Lastly, how and where do you store your oven or gas canister when not in use?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Online 02ebz06

• Lifetime Member
Re: Storage or table for portable gas pizza oven
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 03:12:55 PM »
Mine isn't portable, but maybe something like this would work for you.  They have several sizes and a lower shelf that the tank could sit on.
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/18-gauge-economy-24-x-48-430-stainless-steel-work-table-with-undershelf/522ETSG2448.html
Bruce here... My cooking toys --> FGM 800-B Pizza Oven, Pellet Grill, Pellet Smoker, Propane Griddle, Propane Grill

Offline ira

• Supporting Member
  • I try to cook Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 03:35:26 PM »
My first oven was a Ooni Pro for which I built a 40" tall table. If I was to do that all over I would have probably built the table 44" tall as at 40" I had to bend over more than comfortable to see inside. Now that the table holds a Gozney Dome, the 40" height is about prefect because the Dome's floor is higher and it has a larger opening to look in.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 04:09:20 PM »
Here is a link to a post about what I use for my Carbon. The bottom shelf holds tank and various stones. Magnetic hooks for tools:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=67632.msg673419#msg673419

UPDATE: Current cost is $240. I paid $135 last year. Probably much better value out there now.

Online Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 04:24:38 PM »
Here is a link to a post about what I use for my Carbon. The bottom shelf holds tank and various stones. Magnetic hooks for tools:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=67632.msg673419#msg673419

UPDATE: Current cost is $240. I paid $135 last year. Probably much better value out there now.
That has a 72$ coupon so it's $168.

Online mosabrina

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 05:25:09 PM »
Ooni tables during memorial day sale were $159. I bought one which had a minor dent in the table top. They gave me 20% off on top of what I paid. Good tables at that price and honestly just nice looking in general and suit a lot of pizza ovens.

Great thing about the ooni table is I found some cheap custom fit covers for it. That means just store the oven on the lower level and should be fine

If you look at reply #281 in the carbon oven post it looks great with that oven too.

Only thing is I have the hanging pegs mounted facing inside (so they are not usable) because when mounted outside they stick out too much with my cover on. If you buy the medium table, the dimensions are almost exact to that of a 2 burner grill as well when the oven is sitting on top. Great if you get a roccbox or remove the chimey from your ooni
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 05:29:52 PM by mosabrina »

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2022, 05:42:41 PM »
Instagram @hans_michigan.

"The most important element of pizza is the dough. Pizza is bread after all. Bread with toppings." -Brian Spangler

"Ultimately, pizza is a variety of condiments on top of bread. If I wanted to evolve, I figured out that I had to understand bread and first make the best bread I possibly could. Only then could my pizza evolve as well." Dan Richer

Offline pizzapuppet

• Mmmm…. Pizza
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2022, 09:49:47 PM »
This does the job for me.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/bekvaem-kitchen-cart-birch-30240348/

Do you ever have any concerns about the wood in the outdoor elements?

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2022, 08:39:57 AM »
Do you ever have any concerns about the wood in the outdoor elements?

I don't take it out of the garage. There are probably BBQ grill covers that would fit it if you wanted to keep it outdoors.
Instagram @hans_michigan.

"The most important element of pizza is the dough. Pizza is bread after all. Bread with toppings." -Brian Spangler

"Ultimately, pizza is a variety of condiments on top of bread. If I wanted to evolve, I figured out that I had to understand bread and first make the best bread I possibly could. Only then could my pizza evolve as well." Dan Richer

Offline Monkeyboy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2022, 11:27:33 AM »
I had an Ooni Modular table - large.  It was huge.  After assembled I could not fit it thru a doorway, struggled to move it under the deck when not in use.  While it had extra surface space - I found I never used it (too small to really work on the extra space).  Also the propane tank did not fit underneath unless the second shelf was at the top setting - then it was not really usable.

Therefore - I would suggest getting a small surface area that only holds the pizza oven.  That should allow you to move it more easily during bad weather, winters.  Use a separate work surface for prep work.  Ended up giving the table to a friend.

Online mosabrina

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2022, 07:40:19 PM »
I had an Ooni Modular table - large.  It was huge.  After assembled I could not fit it thru a doorway, struggled to move it under the deck when not in use.  While it had extra surface space - I found I never used it (too small to really work on the extra space).  Also the propane tank did not fit underneath unless the second shelf was at the top setting - then it was not really usable.

Therefore - I would suggest getting a small surface area that only holds the pizza oven.  That should allow you to move it more easily during bad weather, winters.  Use a separate work surface for prep work.  Ended up giving the table to a friend.

You should have bought the ooni medium table. Easily fits in a doorway and the size oven/table would be identical to  2 burner grill dimensions. That means you can get a $15-20 cover on amazon. I see the large as a waste of space for the oven but for prep large would be nice