A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Ideal temp for pizza on Ooni Karu 16  (Read 283 times)

Offline EddieM

• I Love Pizza!
Ideal temp for pizza on Ooni Karu 16
« on: June 26, 2022, 08:26:52 PM »
I have a new Ooni Karu 16. I had trouble with the gas burner and am awaiting a replacement. I have been cooking pizza in my kitchen oven for a very long time but I am not familiar at all with these outdoor ovens. While waiting for my gas burner Iím trying to cook with wood and charcoal. I used the charcoal to heat the oven up then a hunk of wood to get a nice flame to cook the top. What I donít know and have not seen anywhere is what oven and stone temperature range am I aiming for. Tonight the stone was over 900f and the oven was a little over 800f. The bottom of the pizza was burned and outer crust nicely done but the pizza between the sauce and the crust was gooey. What should I be doing?
Eddie

Online mosabrina

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Ideal temp for pizza on Ooni Karu 16
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 01:21:27 PM »
Undercooked pizza is probably too much topping or too thick.

Karu 16 over gas runs somewhere between 750-850 on the floor. The thermometer is useless in the oven. When I first ran it, it hit 920 and now it stays around 820. I don't think my oven has changed at all

Depends how cooked you like it on the bottom. Top you just want to balance floor temp based on how big your fire is on the top or how cooked you like it

Offline EddieM

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Ideal temp for pizza on Ooni Karu 16
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 07:29:04 PM »
The pizzaís were just cheese and pepperoni. I donít think it was too much. Iíll just try varying it a little. I just got the new gas burner and can control the temp much better now. Tonight the stone and oven were both around 800f. I have a digital thermometer to check. The pizza was still a little under cooked but I think I did not cook it long enough.
Iíll keep practicing. A very pleasurable taskÖ
Eddie

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress