A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Jets pizza  (Read 209445 times)

Offline PizzaJason

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Jets pizza
« Reply #320 on: July 07, 2020, 07:09:43 PM »
I gave this a test run, wow, very good and super easy.  Ive sent this out to friends who are skeptical that they can make good pizza at home,  rising the dough in the pan keeps them kneading and stretching, no special equipment - so the fear factor goes down.

Dough recipe
2 1/2 C flour, hard scoop into the cup and leveled
1 1/4 C warm water, went high on the water for a self leveling dough
1/2 tsp yeast - fleishmans quick
1 tsp sugar,  1/2 tsp salt mixed into flour

9x13 metal cake pan

Easy to mix, 3 tbsn corn oil in the pan,  dusted some course cornmeal in the pan for flavor, finger tip it flat to the edge.
4 hour countertop rise.

Sauce (hearty)
14 oz crushed tomato,
1/2 can tomato paste
1 Tbsp oregano
2 tsp basil
2 tsp garlic powder
S&P
1 Tbsp olive oil
Few sprigs of rosemary
Tomato paste was sweet, splash of balsamic evened it out.

550 12 min.  Cheese was overdone, I will loosely tent with foil next go round or lay a baking sheet partially over the pan.

This will be a go-to recipe for me now.  My family likes JETS,  super easy.   I can see proofing this in the oven, or doing a refrigerated rise to make it fast or slow.  Prep before or after work and have pizza that night.

Offline regor0

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #321 on: July 21, 2020, 05:23:50 PM »
Are you cooking it on a stone or just the rack?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #322 on: August 04, 2020, 09:42:05 AM »
Jetís is celebrating its 42nd anniversary:

http://www.restaurantnews.com/jets-pizza-celebrates-42nd-anniversary-080320/

What I found interesting is the statement that the dough is prepared every morning by hand. IĎm not quite sure what that means.

Peter

Offline Fullcollapsea110

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #323 on: August 19, 2020, 11:07:35 PM »
Hey all!

First post here. Tried out Norma's recipe in reply 94 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,8247.msg151463.html#msg151463 modified for my 8X10" steel pan.

My attempt was as follows:

204g KABF
133g H20
1/4tsp IDY
1/2tsp Overflowing sea salt
1tsp Sugar
228g Mozzarella
Just some sauce I had around from my Buddy's pizza's

- Mixed in KA mixer on 2 for 5min and 4 for 3 min
- Covered and let rest for 20 min
- Balled and oiled dough (corn oil) and put in the refrigerator for ~24hrs
- Removed from fridge let warm for about 45 minutes used 2tbs corn oil to oil the pan then stretched dough into pan (one stretch, then let rest for 20 min and one final stretch). Let the dough rise for 3 hours
- Pizza stone on bottom rack preheated @ 525 for 1.5hrs
- Before I put the pie in I turned down the temp to 500 then cooked for 14 minutes (could have done a few minutes longer but was worried about getting that nice doughy top right under the cheese

Results:

Offline Fullcollapsea110

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #324 on: August 19, 2020, 11:15:48 PM »
Next time I'll keep it in a few minutes longer to get the center of the cheese cooked better, reduce the dough ever so slightly to cut down on the thickness, and reduce the cheese at the sides of the pan because the cheese creeped to the bottom of the sides a bit too much.

-Justin

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #325 on: December 04, 2020, 11:14:50 PM »
I grabbed pies from Jet's and another Detroit style pizzeria today.   Jets had much better crust and the other place had especially great toppings, but the crust was too thick and dense.   Im down with Jets! I didnt detect any whirl, and I was looking for it, but it definitely had a light and especially crunchy crust.

Peter, I highly doubt they are mixing by hand.  I think thats just marketing worded to sound like they might be, when really they are just saying the dough is put into pans by hand.  There was an 80qt Hobart front and center.

Worth a try if you have a chance to try Jet's.

Offline wilson502

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #326 on: January 12, 2021, 01:08:10 AM »
Hello All,

This is my first post here, I have been a lurker for sometime, anyway, I tried out ellementz's recipe on reply 297 https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=8247.msg612869#msg612869. I made a couple of tweaks to it by doing an overnight ferment instead of same day, and substituted sugar for Honey.

For the flour I used Central Milling High Mountain Bread Flour and Tony Gemingnani's 00 Flour from Central Milling. I used a 50/50 mix of Bella Rosano WMLM and Northbeach PSM.

This was about a 13 minute bake at 500F (convection) with a stone on top and steel on bottom in a 11x14 Lloyd Industries Detroit Style Pan. I did 7 minutes on the top stone, and the remaining 6 minutes on the bottom steel.

This pizza came out so good! The flavor and texture of the pizza was absolutely spot on. It reminded me of a Little Caesars Deep Dish but way better.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 02:12:34 AM by wilson502 »

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #327 on: January 14, 2021, 01:45:16 PM »
Nice work, wilson502. Welcome to the forum.
-Tony

Offline Pizza_TSS

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #328 on: February 07, 2021, 05:05:47 PM »
Hello All...This was about a 13 minute bake at 500F (convection) with a stone on top and steel on bottom in a 11x14 Lloyd Industries Detroit Style Pan. I did 7 minutes on the top stone, and the remaining 6 minutes on the bottom  The flavor and texture of the pizza was absolutely spot on. It reminded me of a Little Caesars Deep Dish but way better.

Wilson502, that is a very respectable looking version of a Jetís crust. The sides and bottom of the crust look like they have the Jetís magic. I havenít attempted to duplicate Jetís because I live in a town that has a Jetís. If I want one, I order one. I dedicate my home pizza making to other styles. But you can bet that if I ever move away, Iíll be doing what you just did!

Offline soulpatch

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #329 on: February 10, 2021, 01:04:39 PM »
So who's recipe came closest to jetts crust?  I'm running 10X14 lloyds pans and have been using HansB's recipe to duplicate a traditional "buddy's" crust, but really also want to do a jets style since my wife/son like that one more.  I've read this entire forum but so many have had good ideas, techniques, etc.  So which one came out closest to jets?  I can't run up to the store and pick one up, it's unfortunately a 16 hour drive for me now lol 

Offline wilson502

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #330 on: March 07, 2021, 02:32:01 PM »
So who's recipe came closest to jetts crust?  I'm running 10X14 lloyds pans and have been using HansB's recipe to duplicate a traditional "buddy's" crust, but really also want to do a jets style since my wife/son like that one more.  I've read this entire forum but so many have had good ideas, techniques, etc.  So which one came out closest to jets?  I can't run up to the store and pick one up, it's unfortunately a 16 hour drive for me now lol

I got really good results from Ellementz recipe as indicated in my post. His post indicated he is a current employee of Jets, so I would say his recipe is a pretty good indication of the real thing.

Offline billschultz

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #331 on: March 30, 2021, 10:21:24 PM »
Hello everyone,
I've been following this post for quite a while, and I've tried a couple of the different recipes that have been posted. I have made Ellementz recipe quite a few times with great results, but have recently lowered the hydration to 65% to get a dough that looks closer to how Jet's dough looks in the various videos posted online. The higher hydration never seemed to for a good ball for me, and just seemed to flatten out like a blob. Wether doing the higher hydration at 75-80% or at 65%, I always seem to have an issue with applying the sauce. The dough gets a good rise in the pan after a few hours, but when applying the sauce the dough starts to collapse. I try to be gentle and not apply too much sauce once, but that same thing always happens. When watching the videos of Jet's employees applying sauce the dough seems to stay rigid at the same thickness. In fact, I've seen videos where they seem to lightly pat their hands down on the dough before applying sauce. The dough doesn't seem to drop at all after patting it and then with the sauce. Am I missing a step? The pizza Im making turns out pretty well, but I'm just always looking for ways to improve. Thanks!

Offline amolapizza

• Lifetime Member
  • If pizza is food for the gods, what are we..
« Reply #332 on: April 02, 2021, 02:52:26 PM »
Maybe you let it rise too much, it might be better to let it rise less so that the dough still has some structure and oven spring.  But it's just a guess..!

Edit: Or you have to develop more strength in you dough.
Jack

Effeuno P134H (500C), Biscotto Fornace Saputo, Sunmix Sun6, Caputo Pizzeria, Caputo Saccorosso, Mutti Pelati.

wordpress