Pages:
Actions
  • #1781 by Arne_Jervell on 30 May 2022
  • Have a great vacation!

We are always our own worst critics, but your pies always looks super and I bet they taste as much. And that's a result of you exactly being a good critic of yourself and having dedicated time to improve.

^^^ Could not have said it better.
  • #1782 by Icelandr on 30 May 2022
  • Thank you so much Heine and Arne, there is something familiar there. I have never done sports or competitions but have to confess to lying awake before a bake trying to figure out what would make it better. A drop in expert would be a wonderful thing! I donít want to make many pies but damnit, I want them to be good. Yes, Sharon thinks I am crazy too . .  .. but the next bake will be . . .  .
  • #1783 by Wario on 02 Jun 2022
  • I know the feeling Icelandr and certainly have had my share of pizza frustration too and still do from time to time. Like when the bottom breaks, or comes out uneven, as an oval or the pizza won't come of the peal at all but the cheese will and you hear a tssss. When i look at my first bakes that i shared with you all in my own topic, i now can see the progression that i have made already. Perhaps when you look at your first pictures and your last, you can see that too!

That last Margherita you can run a business with, i'd be coming back for sure!
  • #1784 by Icelandr on 18 Jun 2022
  • Sunshine. . . Check
    Great food . . .check
    Great swimming . . .check
    Great people . . . Check

Ability to make pizza . . . . Not so much!
    What if the sourdough has perished? My oven I am sure needs a good fire . . . .
    Silly to miss making pizza! But!
  • #1785 by Jon in Albany on 18 Jun 2022
  • you should not be worrying about pizza with that view. Relax, enjoy your trip!

But that's easy for me to say because I'm making pizza next weekend...
  • #1786 by Arne_Jervell on 20 Jun 2022
  • I'm with Jon. On both accounts.

But you have the passion and there is no way around a little withdrawal I guess. I will not intervene.

Enjoy your vacation! Jon, myself and the rest of your forum friends will try our best to entertain you when you pop in here for a fix.
Pages:
Actions