A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Karu 16 neapolitan pizza progress...  (Read 448 times)

Online mosabrina

• I Love Pizza!
Karu 16 neapolitan pizza progress...
« on: June 10, 2022, 06:48:00 PM »
Thought I'd make a thread for neapolitan pizzas made in the karu 16. Others would be encouraged to post too.

I'm a beginner but I think it's fair to show my progress. I am also slammed with WFH at the moment so these particular ones didn't come out great and dough was overproofed.

I use arrowhead mills flour, and mostly cheeses from lidl/costco. Tomatoes are nina from costco but they are quite watery and I have to drain them a lot.

63% hydration, 3% salt, 24hrs room temp around 73f. I'm not sure if I need to use more yeast and a slighlty lower temp? I feel like 0.024% yeast is unpredictable for me

I bake around 60 sec but didn't time. I'm just using max flame the whole time and then I dome for a few sec at the end for the sausage.

Tomatoes are canned cherry tomatoes from lidl (I believe they are rebranded mutti).

« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 06:49:43 PM by mosabrina »

Online mosabrina

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Karu 16 neapolitan pizza progress...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 06:51:22 PM »
not too happy with these but it's the first time I've taken pictures of any. They came out better last time. I do think also making these bigger (these are about 14") I find that they crust does not get enough side heat. I can probably dome it at an angle to fix that. The oven bakes pretty even just need 1 turn and they are done.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 06:53:04 PM by mosabrina »

Online mosabrina

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Karu 16 neapolitan pizza progress...
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 01:00:39 PM »
Really bad about taking any pictures (I normally make 10 at a time) just eat them within the small window they are good, freeze the others, and then call it a day.

They all looked about like this (63% hydration, small amount of yeast (not sure exactly how much), 3% salt, arrowhead mills flour). About 36hrs in the fridge bulk and maybe 6-7 hrs in balls at RT. Noticed the bulk got almost 0 rise when I put it in without it doing any at RT. Was scared for the balls so I put them in the oven with the light on. Worked well.

I got better rise in the crust using them at the right fermentation point. I just need to stop my pizzas from burning in the center when making white pies. Maybe more cheese coverage or or even olive oil spread. I probably do too large of a final stretch too. My pizza is about 13" and 270g.

You can see that the crust does not cook as much on the side as the top.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress