A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: 2Stone Pizza Oven - first model - prior to Blackstone $350.  (Read 600 times)

Offline barryvabeach

• Lifetime Member
This is one of the early models of the 2Stone -  engineered and made by Willard , I think before he started offering Stainless Steel Versions.  It is similar to a Blackstone, because they ripped off his ideas, but better in several ways.  First,  the burner is mounted on a slide -  so that you can bring if forward by pulling the knob, which will put more heat towards the pizza stone, or push the knob to slide the burner back, which will increase heat to the top of the pie and decrease the amount of flame directed towards the stone.   It lets you vary the top to bottom heat while cooking, which is a very neat feature.   The first photo of the flame is with the knob forward, the next photo with the flame is with the burner pushed back.  Second, instead of a flat platter, like on the blackstone, the underside of the platter is curved, which helps direct heat to the top of the oven.  I put a corderiete stone in on the platter, it comes with a Fibrament stone that sits on a shelf above the platter, and helps radiate heat towards the top of the pie.  Another great feature is unlike the BS, which I own and like, it doesn't use a stop collar to set the height of the stone,  it uses a pillow bearing mounted at the very bottom of the oven.  The pillow bearing has set screws that let you adjust the height, but more importantly, keeps the bearing very far away from the heat to avoid problems.  I got this used, and while I have the original rotis motor that is battery powered ,  I have hooked up a plug in motor, and wired an on off switch to the front.  I added a tubular frame with wheels at the rear, though it can easily be removed from the frame if you wanted to put it on a table.  I also added a mod similar in concept to the one Red Kiosk did to keep the burner tray from lifting up when the oven is being moved - though the design of the one i did is pretty different.   It is very heavy duty, and should last a lifetime, if kept covered.  It is located in Virginia Beach,  VA,   and shipping is not really an option. 
Current Ovens  -  BS, Ooni Koda 16
Mixers .   Electrolux ( ANK ) ,  Bosch Compact,
Mills - Retsel, Lee .

Offline Pizza_Not_War

Re: 2Stone Pizza Oven - first model - prior to Blackstone $350.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 08:54:12 PM »
I would be all over this if I wasn't thousands of miles away. I had the original BBQ top unit which made some great pizza. Unfortunately rust took hold. Good luck with sale! Highly recommend it.

Offline barryvabeach

• Lifetime Member
Re: 2Stone Pizza Oven - first model - prior to Blackstone $350. SOLD
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 08:15:29 PM »
2Stone is sold. 
Current Ovens  -  BS, Ooni Koda 16
Mixers .   Electrolux ( ANK ) ,  Bosch Compact,
Mills - Retsel, Lee .

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress