A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Cross stacked for too long? Help  (Read 274 times)

Offline mrs1986

• I Love Pizza!
Cross stacked for too long? Help
« on: June 23, 2022, 08:35:05 AM »
Hi all,

My birthday is coming next week so I'm going to throw a party this weekend, last night I made the dough and put it "cross stacked" (actually I put something and let the lid a bit open because I don't have space to cross stack) on the fridge for cold fermenting it for a couple of days and I fell asleep, so I woke up this morning and the dough was still with the lid open. It formed a skin on them, not too bad but a skin still, so, counting that I have all the fermentation process ahead o me still, what can I do with these doughs? Should I put more oil on them and that's it? Or should I spray water or something?

Any help is appreciated, sorry to making a new post but couldn't find any info about this as english is not my language I didn't figure a way to search for it that gets me what I'm looking for.

Thanks a lot!

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Cross stacked for too long? Help
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 08:45:06 AM »
This is not a problem... easy to fix.  Do not put oil on them, just use a squirt bottle with water and close them up.  They will be fine in an hour or two.

Offline mrs1986

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 08:58:15 AM »
This is not a problem... easy to fix.  Do not put oil on them, just use a squirt bottle with water and close them up.  They will be fine in an hour or two.
Excelent! Thanks a lot, will do as you say!

Offline mrs1986

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 09:53:34 AM »
Sorry I bother you again, I did put water in the dough balls, but they already had oil on them, I always put some oil on them to prevent this. Will that work nonetheless?

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 10:16:37 AM »
I think it will.  I dont use oil so I'm not sure, but im pretty sure you will be fine.

Offline QwertyJuan

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 09:54:39 PM »
Ive had this happen on occasion. I always just spray the dough balls with water and as Scott said, within a few hours, you're good to go. Really no issues at all.

wordpress