A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Blodgett versus Baker's Pride  (Read 6907 times)

Offline woodmakesitgood

• You gots to cook it strong!
Re: Blodgett versus Baker's Pride
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2014, 01:22:41 PM »
I don't think you will have much luck finding an indoor home use dedicated pizza oven that does a great job.  If you go electric, you need a special outlet to carry enough juice - there is simply not enough demand for that type of oven to justify manufacturers to make them - other than Sage, or some Italian ovens, and they are pretty pricey.  If you are willing to cook outdoors, there are plenty of options that have come out in the past few years that make great pies for under $500 using propane, or your own gas grill.

Are there outdoor options under $500 that can cook a 16-18" pizza ?

I bet a lot of folks go with the used professional deck option......the ovens are built to last after all.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 04:38:19 PM by woodmakesitgood »
Charles

Offline woodmakesitgood

• You gots to cook it strong!
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2014, 04:42:08 PM »
I don't think you will have much luck finding an indoor home use dedicated pizza oven that does a great job.  If you go electric, you need a special outlet to carry enough juice - there is simply not enough demand for that type of oven to justify manufacturers to make them - other than Sage, or some Italian ovens, and they are pretty pricey.  If you are willing to cook outdoors, there are plenty of options that have come out in the past few years that make great pies for under $500 using propane, or your own gas grill.

The Castle PO19N oven works out to 7700 btu/sq ft or 54 btu/sq in......if the oven really is only 14" high, and split into 2 decks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:04:15 PM by woodmakesitgood »
Charles

Offline barryvabeach

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »
Sorry, 16 would be pushing it.  The Blackstone has a  16 inch stone, so 15 1/2 is about as large as you can go .  The MPO has a 16 by 15 chamber, so  14 1/2 will probably be the largest it can do.  The other choices have even smaller limits.   But having owned several BP countertop ovens, and a poor chinese knockoff, the BS is a huge step up.   I upgraded the elements in my Chinese oven to get a better pie, and it worked okay, but the problem is that as you increase the size of the stone, you greatly increase the amount of watts you need to keep up.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T