A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Residential WFO - Small but Awesome  (Read 1140 times)

Offline yongjoo

• Pizz-A-Mind
Residential WFO - Small but Awesome
« on: April 11, 2016, 11:37:36 PM »
Hi,

I'm not new to pizza making. But I am new to the idea that I think I want to take the leap into buying a Wood Fired Oven. But I'm restricted to size. I live in the outerboroughs of NYC, and even though I have backyard space, my space isn't too big. So I economy of size is important. I see a lot on the Pizza Party. Anyone have some thoughts? I hope this question isn't too broad! Thanks!

Offline Pete Zaria

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Residential WFO - Small but Awesome
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 05:21:34 PM »
Just do a search for Pizza Party and you'll come up with many threads to do your research, that's how I did it.  I was unable to find anyone saying anything negative about these WFOs.  I decided to take the plunge and ordered mine (Pizzone) on Saturday, it arrived three days later this past Tuesday. I haven't been able to fire it up yet, but am looking forward to it and I'm expecting great results.  Good luck.

Pete
Pizza, The Adirondack Mountains of New York, and a good stiff drink!

Offline misterschu

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 03:15:05 PM »
Blackstone oven is my recommendation.

Offline NJPizzaTruck

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 07:32:30 PM »
I just got my pizza party Pizzone this past week and I am in love. So far I am yet to make a perfect pizza, but the whole process is fun to learn.  I think the blackstone and pizza party are fairly different price points but if you are inclined to spend more, I have nothing but good things to say so far.  I am a NY guy too, and was very happy with my first attempt at a ny style pie.  The pizza party may be a bit more versatile since you can bake others things than just pizza.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 08:07:04 PM »
I just got my pizza party Pizzone this past week and I am in love. So far I am yet to make a perfect pizza,

Some of us have been searching for the perfect pizza for a little bit longer than a week...  ;D
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline NJPizzaTruck

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 08:13:07 PM »
Lol Craig. I own a pizza truck but it runs on a convection oven, so I had unrealistic expectations about how my skills would translate. I was quickly thrown from my high horse when my pie stuck to the peel, and the floor of the oven was covered with cheese.  Second attempt went better...semolina a bit more forgiving and I assembled the pie on a large silver serving tray, then transferred to the peel when it was ready to go. And then I let the fire go out....doh!

wordpress