A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Identify Pizza oven  (Read 1723 times)

Offline wizit247

• I Love Pizza!
Identify Pizza oven
« on: June 07, 2016, 04:05:35 PM »
I am 100 percent new to pizza making and my wifes grandparents gave us this oven.

There is so much knowledge on this sight it is unreal. I'm hoping someone can identify this oven and point me in a good direction for basics on how to get started with wood fired ovens.

All I know is that the oven cam from Switzerland and that it has never been used before.

Thanks in advance!

-Wyatt

Offline enchant

• Supporting Member
  • World-class pizza maker in the making
Re: Identify Pizza oven
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 05:40:09 PM »
I'm not sure what kind it is, but I'm almost positive that the chimney is installed incorrectly.
--pat--

Offline wizit247

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 06:05:39 PM »
I'm not sure what kind it is, but I'm almost positive that the chimney is installed incorrectly.

:-D I would have to agree. The chimney has actually never even been installed. haha

Offline hodgey1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza 🍕
    • My WFO project
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 08:18:09 PM »
I'm not sure what brand it is but it is real cool looking. I wouldn't  worry too much about the specifics as far as brand as most WFO will operate somewhat  the same. Preheat with a wood fire, reach desired baking temp and maintain that temp with a live fire. Of course there's way more to it than that but that's the basic principle.

Since you are new to all of this, you have a lot of a fun learning curve ahead,  in the way of WFO operation and learning to make great pizza. You're at the right place for all of it.

Offline wizit247

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 11:50:04 PM »
I'm not sure what brand it is but it is real cool looking. I wouldn't  worry too much about the specifics as far as brand as most WFO will operate somewhat  the same. Preheat with a wood fire, reach desired baking temp and maintain that temp with a live fire. Of course there's way more to it than that but that's the basic principle.

Since you are new to all of this, you have a lot of a fun learning curve ahead,  in the way of WFO operation and learning to make great pizza. You're at the right place for all of it.

Thanks! Im not really worried about the brand other than i was trying to get ideas on weight and construction to get an idea of how best to move it.

I had a guy over there briefly look at it and he lifted the copper top a bit and seems to think it is individual bricks that are not held together any way because he couldnt see any mortor. If thats true it wouldnt be like any of the others i have seen online.  Have you seen anything like that?

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 01:18:46 AM »
What does it look like looking into the mouth. From the door, I was guessing it would be a stainless interior. the door looks a lot like one you see on any number of ovens with a stainless inner chamber and outer shell separated by some ceramic cloth insulation. If so, it may just be bricks stacked on the outside of the oven to give it some extra mass/insulation.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline wizit247

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 10:30:25 AM »
What does it look like looking into the mouth. From the door, I was guessing it would be a stainless interior. the door looks a lot like one you see on any number of ovens with a stainless inner chamber and outer shell separated by some ceramic cloth insulation. If so, it may just be bricks stacked on the outside of the oven to give it some extra mass/insulation.

Unfortunately the oven is about 3 hours away from me. I will have someone look inside and see if its stainless or bricks. At this point im hoping it is stainless with loose bricks otherwise i think its going to be too heavy for me to move it out of the back yard.

Offline wizit247

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 09:59:54 AM »
Heres a pic of the inside. The guy i have over there that is able to look at it lifted the copper top seems to think there is no mortar at all and that we could take it apart brick by brick to move it. Im not so sure.
Thoughts?

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 10:39:04 AM »
There is only one way to find out.  ;D
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  

Offline wizit247

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 10:54:58 AM »
There is only one way to find out.  ;D

Unfortunately I think you are correct. Worst case scenario I took a nice weekend drive to seattle with the wife and an empty trailer.   :-D

Offline hodgey1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza 🍕
    • My WFO project
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 12:22:00 PM »
Heres a pic of the inside. The guy i have over there that is able to look at it lifted the copper top seems to think there is no mortar at all and that we could take it apart brick by brick to move it. Im not so sure.
Thoughts?

It does not appear from the picture to be brick? It looks to me to be a precast oven which comes apart in pieces and held together with a type of high-temp caulk? Not positive, just what I can see.

Offline sub

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 04:30:18 AM »
The oven is a Edil Kamin model Multiplo.

Offline vtsteve

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 08:04:28 AM »
Nice find!
In grams we trust.
My wood-fired NY thread: Pizza Thursday

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2016, 01:04:48 PM »
Another great Sub contribution.  Not just the brand, but the specs as well.  Many thanks
Dave

Offline oronzous

• a'pizza ca pummarola n'coppa
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2016, 07:19:49 PM »
'forno allungabile'  means extendable oven.  Not actually extendable, but short and long version share most components.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 07:23:13 PM by oronzous »

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 07:21:11 PM »
'forno allungabile'  means extendable oven

Makes sense. You can see how it works in the drawings.

Offline wizit247

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 12:21:07 AM »

That is definitely the model! Here is a pic as we began to disassemble it.

Do the seams need to be grouted as it is assembled? I have been translating every bit of info I can find but nothing mentions anything specific about assembly.

Thanks a ton for all the help guys! The oven is home safe and sound!    ;D 8)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:24:15 AM by wizit247 »

Offline hodgey1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza 🍕
    • My WFO project
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2016, 06:59:21 AM »

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2016, 11:10:51 AM »
As long as the joints are overlapping, and it looks like they are, you should NOT grout the joints.

Offline wizit247

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2016, 11:18:33 AM »
As long as the joints are overlapping, and it looks like they are, you should NOT grout the joints.

Excellent! Thank you very much.

The joints are a tongue and groove style.