A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Struggling my my Pizza Party Passione  (Read 519 times)

Offline yarbrough462

• An American in Italy
Struggling my my Pizza Party Passione
« on: October 22, 2017, 02:11:54 PM »
I got a new Passione oven a few weeks ago.  I love the oven but I am struggling to get a balanced heat.  I make New York style pizza mostly so I ordered it with the regular bricks. Today, I heated the oven for over an hour on low heat.  The idea was to get the bricks at about 550.  All the pies came out with little to no browning on the bottom and cooked fine on top.  Cook times were between 5-6 minutes.  I am using propane.  Any ideas on how to get the nice bottom browning I am used to without jacking the heat up to 1000 and burning the top?  I have a laser temp gun and had the bricks reading about what I wanted but they are not cooking like my little pizza stone in my kitchen oven at the same temps...Recipe is as follows:

1000 grams KAAP
620 grams water
20 grams salt
20 grams oil
2.20 grams IDY

Workflow is that I mix everything except the oil for 45 seconds or so in my Bosch Universal. I let it rest for about 20 minutes and then I mix for 2 minutes, add the oil and mix until the entire mass reaches 79-80 degrees and is smooth and soft.  From there, the balls go straight in plastic bags for three days.  Two hours before I am baking, I take them out of the fridge and let them rest. 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 02:14:25 PM by yarbrough462 »

Online bradtri

Re: Struggling my my Pizza Party Passione
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 07:57:12 PM »
My next step would be to try everything the same again except preheat your stones to 650
A Taste of Naples Pizza
www.atasteofnaplespizza.com
https://www.facebook.com/ATasteofNaplesPizza/
"Let Us Bring A Taste of Naples To Your Next Party"

Offline wotavidone

Re: Struggling my my Pizza Party Passione
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 10:44:47 PM »
Yes,
I like more than 600 degrees F on the floor.
If that doesn't work, the next step would be to delete the oil from the dough.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T