A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Turntable for MAM 505 with Avanzini Drago gas burner...  (Read 85 times)

Offline Fourlix

Turntable for MAM 505 with Avanzini Drago gas burner...
« on: November 10, 2017, 06:19:52 PM »
I haven't been on here in years. I closed my restaurant 2 years ago, and am now looking at re-opening it with a new operator. Hindsight is 20-20.  I look back at my mistakes, and my accomplishments.  Adding the Avanzini Drago gas burner was brilliant, it improved consistency, quality and lowered fuel and labor costs and the finesse needed to operate a WFO.  But, it wasn't enough.  Long waits on busy weekend nights, pilot error from talentless teenagers.  The choice is clear, pull out the MAM 505 and replace it, which would mean tearing apart half the restaurant, or retro fit a turntable.  Why?   More even cooking means a higher cooking temperature is possible with faster cook times, and even lower staff requirements. This project will take several weeks, as would replacing the oven, but at a fraction of the cost. I have the luxury of the restaurant not being open.  Not including labor I put this project at right about $1,500.  All of this is in my wheelhouse, I am a welder, machinist, electrician, and have designed and built a white WFO from bricks.    I have included a drawing, but I haven't started cutting yet.  I am not afraid of this project, to me it is a welcome challenge.   When I put that Avanzini burner in what, 5 years ago?  This forum exploded..."How could I do such a thing?"   I see that gas burners are more widely accepted now, as they should be.  Turntables are next...   After retro-fitting this one, I think I will build another one, this time from scratch....   I have just the place for it.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 06:28:20 PM by Fourlix »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T