Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Turkey Liver
« Last post by Jackitup on Today at 02:21:42 AM »
My turkey didn't come with a liver  >:(

Somebody git a rope boys!!!
Off-Topic Foods / Re: thanksgiving 2017
« Last post by Jackitup on Today at 01:49:51 AM »
Middle granddaughter reading to the youngest, and the ypungest is also the BEST eater :P
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Today's Bread
« Last post by Jackitup on Today at 01:02:46 AM »
A couple 4-5 day old dough balls I rolled into baguette-ish shapes. One just buttered, the other buttered with cheese and pepperoni in it. Nothing off the chart, just tasty!
« Last post by jsaras on Today at 12:31:16 AM »
jsaras, that looks amazing. I'm sure your guests had wonderful time.

Thank you.  It was a small gathering for us, but a good one nonetheless.
« Last post by foreplease on Yesterday at 11:37:29 PM »
:o

Tim, you need to have a bread/pastry shop!!
Not as badly as we need him to have one :)

It all looks great, Tim. The picture of your daughter holding the bread is nice. After lookimg through hundreds of posts in the thread today for a pork dish I thought I posted here, I had planned to ask where have all the cinnamon rolls gone from several members. I never did find what I was looking for. Turns out I made it 3days before joining the forum. I had the pictures on my machine but was hoping to refresh my memory of how I had made it as I plan to make it Sunday for my youngest son, his wife, and her parents. Her dad is teriffic cook so I like t put my best foot forward when they are here, as they have done for us when we visit them in Petoskey.

Esit: it was the What Are You Eating Right Now thread I was searching, but there were cinnamon rolls.
« Last post by foreplease on Yesterday at 11:28:16 PM »
Thanks Tony.  Iíll have to bring you some when we meet up for pizza.
I am looking forward to that meeting (with or without bread)! I am pretty open in January. Let me know what works for you.
« Last post by foreplease on Yesterday at 11:24:23 PM »
Fantastic color and finish on that bird, Mitch.

Jonas, you do everything with such great style!
Cracker Style / Re: BobGraff's Attempt at Aimless Ryan's Tommy's Pizza Clone
« Last post by bobgraff on Yesterday at 11:24:16 PM »
I've been slacking on the pizza making front lately, however my lovely wife signed us up for a couple of pizza related activities around Columbus.

1.  Pizza School
There's a place in North Columbus that hosts Chef led cooking classes, including pizza.
https://savoir-cooking.com

Chef Mike guided our class through making pizza from start to finish.  While I like to think I've gotten pretty good at slinging pies, watching a trained professional first-hand reminds me that I am not one of those.  ;)  The pizza was good (yes - mine was the ugly one) and I picked up some good tips on hand kneading and sauce making.  Highly recommend for those near Columbus.  We plan to return for more classes.

2.  Pizza and Beer Tour
https://columbusbrewadventures.com/pitchers-pizza-tour/

I had no idea such a thing existed here.  The tour stopped at four different bars/pizza joints (Meister's, Iacono's, Mikey's Late night slice, Hound Dog's) and filled us with pizza and Ohio made beer. Our tour guide provided history of both the brewery and the pizza at each stop.  I was absolutely stuffed by the end of the tour.   I should also note that I was shocked at the difference between Iacono's and Tommy's.  Tommy's is still #1 in my book.

3. Tommy's - extra sauce
I had the bright idea to order a pizza with extra sauce to help get a better sense of which direction to take my own.  In short - their sauce is somewhat bitter from an abundance of garlic powder, little to no fat, oregano, and (maybe) a hint of something spicy.  For the record, I prefer their pizza without the extra sauce, but it was a worthwhile exercise.
« Last post by Jackie Tran on Yesterday at 11:20:43 PM »
Looks great, Chau! Is that chile for the turkey?

Yes it is.  Lol.  New Mexican style.  Chile for the turkey and mash potatoes.
« Last post by Jersey Pie Boy on Yesterday at 11:18:46 PM »
Looks great, Chau! Is that chile for the turkey?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

A D V E R T I S E M E N T