A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Off-Topic Foods / Re: Today's Bread
« Last post by invertedisdead on Today at 10:25:27 PM »
Made some breadsticks to go with tonight's pasta.
Pizza Cheese / Re: Anyone heard or tried "Sierra Mozzarella"
« Last post by jvp123 on Today at 09:16:05 PM »
I've had it before.  It has a clean, milky taste and it melts fine but I prefer Saputo Premium Gold by a wide margin

Jonas, I use Saputo Gold myself, but I saw this cheese and thought it might be nice to have them slice it for me if it was amazing. I didn't end up buying it.  I also spoke to the owner about getting me some Grande mozz since they carry Grande Provolone.  He said he "might" be able to special order it just for me and would look into it.  Not sure why they don't carry it over the Sierra, but maybe he thinks its better for all things other than pizza.

Problem is ... even if he can get me the Grande mozz, I'm not sure it would warrant the excessive cost vs. what I buy the Saputo G for at RD.
Focaccia Style / Re: Matt's Pizza Bianca
« Last post by parallei on Today at 09:11:07 PM »
The finished product.

Very nice, Matt. :chef:
Sicilian Style / Re: Craig's NY Square
« Last post by Jordanrs1980 on Today at 08:52:45 PM »
Finally got around to trying this.  Thought I would share the results, which were excellent.  A big thank you to Craig.  Your posts on this thread were very helpful and much appreciated.

KA Bread Flour
.157 TF in half sheet pan (17x12)
64% hydration
.2% IDY
2% salt
3% oil
1% sugar

I let the dough cold ferment overnight.  Took it out at roughly 12pm and let it sit till 5pm.  Spread it on oiled pan.  Let it sit for about an hour.  Finished stretching in pan and let it sit for about 20 minutes. 

Topped it with Sclafani crushed with salt, pepper, garlic, oregano.  Whole milk low moisture mozz.  Few dollops of ricotta.  Pepperoni and canned mushrooms. (don't like fresh mushrooms on pizza).  Cooked at 550 for about 12-13 minutes.  Dough was chewy, springy, and a bit crisp on the bottom.  It was delicious. Sadly I had no basil on hand.

Off-Topic Foods / Re: Today's Bread
« Last post by timgiuffi on Today at 08:25:36 PM »
I love the ears I've been getting lately. This has 30% sprouted wheat berries added.
« Last post by Matthew on Today at 08:15:38 PM »
are you using a mixer? i feel like i never build up enough gluten when i make pizza al taglio

Yes, a spiral.

« Last post by Matthew on Today at 08:12:17 PM »
The finished product.
Pizza Ovens / Re: Brick WFO Design - will it make pizza?
« Last post by Tscarborough on Today at 08:09:52 PM »
Bread ovens have too much mass and too much ceiling height (for non-commercial ovens).  The concept behind a round, low dome oven for pizza is that the majority of the cooking is done through radiated heat, not conductive or direct.  Thus a round low dome provides even and fast cooking.  The low/medium duty allows the bottom to cook through conductivity at the same rate.  Bread ovens run at lower temperatures, so it is not as important, the distances and conductivity, that is.  Mass is only useful to a point in a non-commercial environment.
Pizza Ovens / Re: TurboChef Fire: Neapolitan Performance?
« Last post by elephant man on Today at 07:47:55 PM »
I've never made a Neapolitan pizza yet with this oven, NY style is what we like. It's just fine for that. The fact that one can adjust the top and bottom elements separately allows a nice bake with a great bottom and the top not burning the cheese.
Focaccia Style / Re: Pizza alla Romana
« Last post by hotsawce on Today at 07:30:19 PM »
There certainly seem to be limitations with planetary mixers. I'm going to try a paddle attachment in the future. But so far...two attempts and unusable dough. I had been gravitating towards really letting the mixer rip and mix fast, so it's nice to see that confirmed by the two videos.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress